Are we hated - If so why ?

We do seem to be disliked. 

I'm not sure what it is. I've seen us in people's list of their disliked clubs up and down the country . Even clubs in other divisions that we haven't played for years and have no connection or recent competition with. 

I find it odd.

It's not like we are some monster that has dominated club  football for a century.  

I'd hazard that some  people are jealous of our investment recently...it can't be our success. 

But... I've noticed long before Milan/Chansiri and our climb from the wilderness  that people seem to sneer at us. 

I can maybe see  why other regional sides might dislike us as we are the biggest club in our part of this majestic county. So that's maybe understandable. 

Though myself I actually have a bit of a soft spot for the other Yorkshire sides. 

(With the obvious exception of our Porcine neighbours and L**ds but that goes beyond football!)

First thing I look for after the teams around us in the table is how the other Yorkshire sides have gone on- certainly before I check any top flight results. 

Pigs, Rovrum, Barnsley, Udders, Leeds, (maybe Chezzy) hate us for sure, not sure about Donny. Brighton fans had a lot of bile to spill over us.

Seen many many positive comments about us from Arsenal, Chelsea, Man United, Stoke,  Spurs, Liverpool, Coventry, Rangers fans.

Edited by ohgoditsjames

It's called Jealousy pure and simple, add to the fact we are Yorkshires number one club, class owner, class manager, class players, class staff oh and fans that are a class above, seems easy to me to see why we don't give a flying fookity flip what people think.

5 minutes ago, LW SWFC said:

I think Twitter has a lot to do with it.

I'd not thought about that aspect.

I presume having seen some recent things people have copied and pasted onto here that there is lots of abuse flying around between fans under the guise of 'banter'.

I wouldn't say hate more like jelous and now people are starting to hate us that little bit more because we're starting to get a little of a taste of the good times again, Barnsley and Rotherham know they will never be as big as us so they vent their frustrations on us because they jelous. 

Tomorrow's fish and chip wrapping IMHO.

We are not hated by the vast majority of footballing people, by a long stretch of the imagination. At best we are  well liked and thought of affectionately by neutrals, at worst there is indifference.

The bile comes from no marks, take Brighton as an example and the origins of their rivalry with Crystal Palace, a modern era manufactured rivalry based on some petty tittle tattle. Extrapolate further and it is no surprise regarding the recent BS they've chucked in our direction; it'll be another team they focus on in next season or so.

Our fellow South Yorkshire clubs simply follow the blunts' lead when it comes to whinging.

Older, bigger, better is a fact our locals both hate and envy in equal measures. There's nothing they can do to change this so creating some mythical dislike is their only option .

We are a popular club.

Haterz gonna hate 

Actually I think w are in general will liked.  Proud history,  great fan support,etc.

Its mainly the local teams then the odd one we recently spared against like Charlton and Brighton  that spit their dummies out. 

Pigs are much more hated 

11 minutes ago, Holmes said:

Remember a poll where we were the fifth most hated club in the country

I thought we were higher (3rd?) 

Didnt fans of all clubs get to vote for their top three sides that they hated he most? Apart from the local clubs, a lot of teams like Hartlepool voted us.

I don't think Leeds hate us at all. 

Leeds fans are delusional granted, but if you asked them to do a poll of their 5 most hated teams , I doubt we'd feature. 

They're similar to us, In how we brush off smaller local clubs as jealous etc... They view us the same in my experience.