Catering - express lanes

17 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

There hasn't been any argument.

I think you're the one who needs your bed.

I haven't added weight to anything.

Read it all properly in the morning when you've sobered up. I know you'll feel sorry but don't bother with an apology for me because I'm blocking you.

Don't think a mug of Yorkshire Tea is gonna change my stance, but when I said argument it was meant in the discussion sense (see note 2)

IMG_6295.PNG

Blocking me? Wow, you can't get out much if you get upset by this

6 hours ago, Big Ron's Sovereign said:

IMG_6294.JPG

Why not, they could put several container bars (like they had in the fan parks at Wembley) at the far riverside side that could be used during halftime . Gates on both ends so it could still be used after the match as an exit route etc. There is really no need for it to be a carpark on matchdays.

Then where the awful Liverpool memorial is (we could replace it with something decent at the LL end) could have a sloping bridge walkway, similar to Wembleys across the river as access to the south stand turnstiles.

19 minutes ago, modboy said:

Why not, they could put several container bars (like they had in the fan parks at Wembley) at the far riverside side that could be used during halftime . Gates on both ends so it could still be used after the match as an exit route etc. There is really no need for it to be a carpark on matchdays.

Then where the awful Liverpool memorial is (we could replace it with something decent at the LL end) could have a sloping bridge walkway, similar to Wembleys across the river as access to the south stand turnstiles.

Because it's too far away. 15 min half time is not enough to get up there and back ne'ermind queuing and buying owt/ munching.

Awful memorial? The area / design was chosen in discussion with the Hillsborough families. Don't be naive and beat the club over something they couldn't control.

Edited by Big Ron's Sovereign

1 hour ago, Big Ron's Sovereign said:

Your earlier post mentioned walking up Patk Rd. Try it when when you next leave the Kop at full time and see how long it takes.:columbo:

As said not after the match, there would be no need for the bars to be be open then.

Just before and during the match the bottom left area could be an area for kop supporters , that bottom right area where the old club shop used to be

article-0-0619E1C8000005DC-794_468x286.j

10 minutes ago, modboy said:

As said not after the match, there would be no need for the bars to be be open then.

Just before and during the match the bottom left area could be an area for kop supporters , that bottom right area where the old club shop used to be

article-0-0619E1C8000005DC-794_468x286.j

When I mentioned walking down after the game that was so you'd get a sense of the distance. There is a river between the Kop and Directors car park/ memorial area, 

IMG_6302.PNG

As for the area where the old shop used to be is a different matter, maybe a tiered platform that would span between the Kop/ South? i.e. increase tunnel length. Dunno how much this would cost though

There was a bar over the old shop many years ago IIRC

IMG_6303.PNG

good picture that bottom one. 

Thats where i meant. There could be a gate put where that last south stand turnstile is now that could be closed off until after the match (then people could exit as normal).

Container bars could then be put under the trees on the right hand side of what is a carpark at the moment.

Anyhow just a cheap idea

Guest Deleted member

As I understand it - the move towards a completely cashless catering solution will be staged over the next few home games. Its the only way to satisfactorily deal with the queues - by reducing the time taken to pay, count money and change etc. 

I also understand they will look to allow people to add cash to season tickets/membership cards so you can use them as well if you dont have a contactless debit/credit card

Personally I think its a brilliant idea - we just need to embrace the idea as fans now to ensure it works.

Guest Grez Bez
37 minutes ago, Grandad said:

As I understand it - the move towards a completely cashless catering solution will be staged over the next few home games. Its the only way to satisfactorily deal with the queues - by reducing the time taken to pay, count money and change etc. 

I also understand they will look to allow people to add cash to season tickets/membership cards so you can use them as well if you dont have a contactless debit/credit card

Personally I think its a brilliant idea - we just need to embrace the idea as fans now to ensure it works.

I think its a great idea although the loading of a card now seems redundant given you can use a debit card. 

Agree with some that beer & food should be in separate stalls, not sure how viable that is. I've posted before but we should use the space behind the North stand and stick some food vans in there (think I made a thread on it once). There's LOADS of room, we just need to be creative

All the space in yellow could be used, particularly to the left of the shop. This is currently used as storage but has ready made doors onto the bottom concourse. You could fit 4/5 food/ booze vans in here.

STREET FOOD.PNG