Catering - express lanes

6 minutes ago, torryowl said:

ive done this before mate ...so the venders  in the gangway and the bloke in seat 15 on row j wants a snickers and coke ...what happens next , does he make the 14 in the  seats between   his seat and the gangway get up as he walks to get his tucker and then makes them get back up as he walks back to his seat to scoff it ......he wouldn't be popular as neither would the bloke 2 seats to the left of him who thinks I fancy some of that and makes every bugger stand up again . . 

Ha no.

First thing, there seems to be more gangways abroad..but I've no proof of that.

How it worked was that people would pass money and consumables backward and forward quite cheerfully, as long as there was nothing else going on.

Nobody minded because everyone did it.

On a serious note couldn't they force everyone to walk along Park road and turn that carpark into a hospitality area for the kop on matchdays? (South stand access would need addressing though )

Same with the megastore carpark for the North? 

6 minutes ago, torryowl said:

so how does it work ? coz I just cant see how it can without total mayhem

Students with big barrels of Heineken on their backs and a dispenser. They walk up and down the steps pouring pints. If youre desperate for some fizzy stuff it satisfies a need.

TBH rugby fans are different. I go to Leicester and you buy pints outside and walk through the turnstiles with them.

The world doesnt end. Tell SAG.

13 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

Ha no.

First thing, there seems to be more gangways abroad..but I've no proof of that.

How it worked was that people would pass money and consumables backward and forward quite cheerfully, as long as there was nothing else going on.

Nobody minded because everyone did it.

i'm crying with laughter here at the thought of sending  a 20 quid note along 15 people I don't know to a bloke at the end of the row who going to give a very small bloke my money for a snickers and coke  collect my change and send it back down the line to me ......i'd be lucky to get wrapper back

Just now, torryowl said:

i'm crying with laughter here at the thought of sending  a 20 quid note along 15 people I don't know to a bloke at the end of the row who going to give a very small bloke my money for a snickers and coke  collect my change and send it back down the line to me ......i'd be lucky to get wrapper back

True.

It's a modern phenomena that a pie and drink will cost you a third of the admission.

It wouldn't work in the modern world, because the modern world is bobbar.

I can absolutely assure you that's how it used to work..the first few times I was like a Japanese sniper playing poker.

Then you get used to it and relax.

As you say though, we're a completely different culture and I just can't see it working.

Your post made me laugh a good deal by the way.

2 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

True.

It's a modern phenomena that a pie and drink will cost you a third of the admission.

It wouldn't work in the modern world, because the modern world is bobbar.

I can absolutely assure you that's how it used to work..the first few times I was like a Japanese sniper playing poker.

Then you get used to it and relax.

As you say though, we're a completely different culture and I just can't see it working.

Your post made me laugh a good deal by the way.

it should work but it never will ....i'm in the grandstand the least populated part of the ground (apart from the away end when we play rovrum)and getting a beer or food at half time is nigh on impossible and that's in the most modern part of the stadium .

1 minute ago, torryowl said:

it should work but it never will ....i'm in the grandstand the least populated part of the ground (apart from the away end when we play rovrum)and getting a beer or food at half time is nigh on impossible and that's in the most modern part of the stadium .

The places I've had experience of this, are America, Canada, Asia and southern Europe.

But not recently.

It's a totally different mindset.

It's sociable and unstuffy. There's not 10,000 people constantly wanting things, you might get bothered 3 or 4 or 5 times during two hours. If you didn't play the game though, you'd be stuck for what you wanted.

It made half time easy because unless you want the bog, everything else is on hand.

Btw you made a good point about some calling RW a winger when he hasn't played that way for ages.

8 hours ago, S36 OWL said:

Try getting that past SAG 

They sell beer and wine in plastic bottles in same way as they sell bottles of coke, they just take the tops of so you cant use em as missiles.

Its 15 minutes at 3:45 that they need to maximize, as others have said the cash they are missing from this is ridiculous on 23+ days/nights a season.

Its not like its a new phenomena, they surely know how many they sell in that 'window' so make sure its done efficiently.

A bit of A4 paper saying 'express lane' means bugger all to the typical lairy football supporter, not everyone follows the twitterfeed, and even that didnt really say owt.

1 hour ago, Costello 77 said:

Sorry to butt in. Yes I've had this abroad.

Theyre trained to pop up and down during any stoppages. I kid you not in HK, they picked really short people to serve, to save blocking the view.

I aint passing food down to some greedy fecker that can't be arsed to get up. It might work with boring foreign sports but not here thanks 

7 minutes ago, Big Ron's Sovereign said:

I aint passing food down to some greedy fecker that can't be arsed to get up. It might work with boring foreign sports but not here thanks 

Nobody asked you to pass any food to anybody.

I'm not in a position to introduce this system to Hillsborough.

Why are you quoting my post...have you got muddled up?

6 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

Nobody asked you to pass any food to anybody.

I'm not in a position to introduce this system to Hillsborough.

Why are you quoting my post...have you got muddled up?

Not muddled at all.Your post said you'd seen it in HK which seemed as you were advocating this stupid idea.

This idea if it was implemented (obviously I wasn't meaning that you were doing the job) wouldn't work as I for one am there to watch the match not pass a lazy get chocolate etc because they can't last 90 mins without stuffing their face

Just now, Big Ron's Sovereign said:

Not muddled at all.Your post said you'd seen it in HK which seemed as you were advocating this stupid idea.

This idea if it was implemented (obviously I wasn't meaning that you were doing the job) wouldn't work as I for one am there to watch the match not pass a lazy get chocolate etc because they can't last 90 mins without stuffing their face

Read the posts in the thread carefully.

All my posts. Then get back to me.

Can't decide if you're pi*sed or a melt at the moment.

2 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

Read the posts in the thread carefully.

All my posts. Then get back to me.

Can't decide if you're pi*sed or a melt at the moment.

Jeez, You're  up yoursen aren't you? I was reading the thread, somebody mentioned summat, you added weight to the argument  and I responded. What's your problem?

P.S. Get to bed, you've got school in the morning

Just now, Big Ron's Sovereign said:

Jeez, You're  up yoursen aren't you? I was reading the thread, somebody mentioned summat, you added weight to the argument  and I responded. What's your problem?

P.S. Get to bed, you've got school in the morning

There hasn't been any argument.

I think you're the one who needs your bed.

I haven't added weight to anything.

Read it all properly in the morning when you've sobered up. I know you'll feel sorry but don't bother with an apology for me because I'm blocking you.