Chinese super league are coming for our players.

Well not yet they aren't but it could become a reality for a lot of clubs down the league. 

If they can unsettle Chelsea and West Ham players they can unsettle ours...

Anyone think it is a threat to the game in this country and for us?

4 minutes ago, Beholder said:

Well not yet they aren't but it could become a reality for a lot of clubs down the league. 

Given that for years people have suggested the lack of English players at the top level has negatively affected the England team then the best foreigners going to China, thus leaving more space for home grown players can only be good for the the game in this country....can't it?

Guest Fletchers head guard
6 minutes ago, Beholder said:

At quarter to one on a Sunday morning I couldn't care less 

I think we'll be safe for the time being, they are trying to attract the biggest names in the game whilst at the same time developing their own players, you'll see each team looking to land 2-3 big names.

I have no time for any player that needs 30 million pounds a year instead of 5....... should be banned from coming back. lol

Edited by Morepork

7 minutes ago, Beholder said:

Doesn't matter to us right now.

After big name stars to make the league grow.

Eventually FFP will catch up with them.

:ghoulguy:

Not sure if the OP meant it but the answers to the question he posed transcends football. The answer lies at the very roots of peoples culture.

For me, football is in our blood, the chinese can take who they want and pay them what they want, we will still turn up, week in, week out to watch whoever is put in front of us, it is the case now and it always has been.

The chinese are in love with how we perceive and love the game but in my opinion, they will never replicate our feeling for it, they will try their best and then get fed up of spending the money, the dynamic in the fan base just isn't there.

5 minutes ago, Eastleigh Owl said:

Not sure if the OP meant it but the answers to the question he posed transcends football. The answer lies at the very roots of peoples culture.

For me, football is in our blood, the chinese can take who they want and pay them what they want, we will still turn up, week in, week out to watch whoever is put in front of us, it is the case now and it always has been.

The chinese are in love with how we perceive and love the game but in my opinion, they will never replicate our feeling for it, they will try their best and then get fed up of spending the money, the dynamic in the fan base just isn't there.

Evening Mr Trump 

4 minutes ago, Eastleigh Owl said:

flippingell what av i done now.lol

Haha! Nah tbf it was a good thoughtful post, intellectually at odds with my fourth whisky celebrating a fab day at S6 and elsewhere in resultstown lol

Edited by Mr. Tom

i can never imagine the chinese league competing with the premier league. sure some players will go for the money but there will never be the same prestige as a top european league. the danger would be owners having a team in china and in england because they could have huge squads and simply be loaned freely between

2 minutes ago, Mr. Tom said:

Haha! Nah tbf it was a good thoughtful post, intellectually at odds with my fourth whisky celebrating a fab day at S6 and elsewhere in resultstown lol

Fair play, to be honest, that's the nicest thing anyones said to me in a long time, Trump? Love him to bits.