Mr Safe

Great win today.

Something has been bugging me all season though. Why is Pudil a different player to last season now that we have signed him permanently? I've started to call him Mr Safe because he seems scared to look and play the fall forwards, rather just knocks it back nearly all the time. I'm glad that Fox has signed because somebody seriously needs to push Pudil out of his comfort zone.

I agree - didn't want to pick negatives after a win today but I don't know what's happened to Pudil. We was a nailed on 7.5/10 all last season, consistantly.

This season he's struggling for a 5 average. He looks slower, weaker poorer positionally and less fit.

Just now, S26 Owl said:

Hes had reach infront of him who does little tracking back and his poor positional sense means he leaves pudil with two men almost everytime

Tha what? Reach does more covering of Pudil's arse than anyone.

This is the guy who said owls fans are expecting too much. Well i expect him to start upping his game seriously because so far this season he has looked our weakest link and a total downgrade of his performances last season, which some of them weren't always particularly great. I remember Rotherham at home last season he got tore a new one. He seems to have a knack of giving opposition wingers space and time.

Mr safe flatters him, dont think we're safe when crosses are flying in from right wings!

31 not young for a full back when you never had that much pace in your 20's and doesnt seem as fit. Seems to have lost a yard or so which makes a difference with tight margins.

Could surely be sharper but like with fletch n abdi its his last big contract so probably aint that bothered anymore, hes sorted for life.

Really need to cut down dishing out big final contracts imo and becoming a semi retirement haven

Edited by Ash77

32 minutes ago, Babushka1867 said:

Great win today.

Something has been bugging me all season though. Why is Pudil a different player to last season now that we have signed him permanently? I've started to call him Mr Safe because he seems scared to look and play the fall forwards, rather just knocks it back nearly all the time. I'm glad that Fox has signed because somebody seriously needs to push Pudil out of his comfort zone.

Under orders probably? 

1 minute ago, Corneliusreeve said:

Under orders probably? 

Well the opposite flank has Hunt bombing forwards and only really looking one way. Shame he can't deliver a decent cross which Pudil can actually do.

It just appears odd and extremely safe. Even when he has space ahead of him he doesn't even look at it and just plays it back or square.

Just now, Babushka1867 said:

Well the opposite flank has Hunt bombing forwards and only really looking one way. Shame he can't deliver a decent cross which Pudil can actually do.

It just appears odd and extremely safe. Even when he has space ahead of him he doesn't even look at it and just plays it back or square.

Can I thought he got forward quite a bit in the second half. 

He's not the only one tho is he. He's been playing ok but hasn't been the player he was last season.... that said he's part of one of the best defenses in the league so can't be all bad.

id say Hunt has been the same, and Bannan who was amazing last year looks like a rabbit in the headlights. So it's a theme throughout our team.

4 minutes ago, Corneliusreeve said:

Under orders probably? 

i'm sure fans think that the players just play off the cuff and do what they want .....same with bannan everyone says he plays to deep as if he's just decided of his own bat to do that ...the players follow orders if they don't theres every chance they'll be sat in the stands with mcgugan and co .

7 minutes ago, Corneliusreeve said:

Can I thought he got forward quite a bit in the second half. 

I agree second half he did. I'm talking about all season though and not just today. I just feel like he's labouring through games. I like players to come off the pitch like they've got nothing left to give.