For the Abdi injury doubters

I really really really want abdi to come good. He looked great from what we saw of his time at Watford. Not too mention it was a lot of money we spent on him so it'd be nice to get at least some of what we paid for. 

Come on AA get fit and show us all what ya can do. 

1 minute ago, Grimbarian said:

Tweet has been deleted by the looks of it?

Its still on Urby's instagram.  I have a feeling we won't see Abdi again this season.  He looks to be well off, similar to Kieran Lee.  I can't help but feeling we are lacking somewhere in our fitness and rehabilitation programs.  Melo, Matias, Urby, Abdi all seem to break down again before we get them back on to the pitch for any meaningful spell.  This coupled with our drop off in energy levels in games compared to last years hunting in packs and high energy.  I'm probably talking rubbish, but something doesn't seem quite right. 

Did anybody really, really think Abdi wasn't genuinely injured though? A player of that pedigree, professional calibre and seemingly extremely level-headed/reasonable temperament who we shelled out big time for - and who exactly fits one of the biggest skill gaps in the current squad - being sidelined indefinitely due to [insert mad paranoid non-football-related reason here]? Pshhhh. Silly billies!

Edited by Mr. Tom

8 minutes ago, spike1867 said:

Its still on Urby's instagram.  I have a feeling we won't see Abdi again this season.  He looks to be well off, similar to Kieran Lee.  I can't help but feeling we are lacking somewhere in our fitness and rehabilitation programs.  Melo, Matias, Urby, Abdi all seem to break down again before we get them back on to the pitch for any meaningful spell.  This coupled with our drop off in energy levels in games compared to last years hunting in packs and high energy.  I'm probably talking rubbish, but something doesn't seem quite right. 

Has anything changed in terms of training routines and staff though, compared to last year? (Genuine question, I've no idea.)

We were incredibly lucky with injuries last season to be fair. One or two key players went missing for a couple games here and there, but on the whole we had a pretty dream campaign in terms of enforced absenteeism. I said back in August we'd never get that lucky again for a second season in a row - some lads do seem to have had some rotten luck this year. Hope they're keeping their chins up, there's some real quality on those physio tables!

(And some real wages, of course...)

Edited by Mr. Tom

1 minute ago, Mr. Tom said:

Has anything changed in terms of training routines and staff though, compared to last year? (Genuine question, I've no idea.)

We were incredibly lucky with injuries last season to be fair. One or two key players went missing for a couple games here and there, but on the whole we had a pretty dream campaign in terms of enforced absenteeism. I said back in August we'd never get that lucky again for a second season in a row - some lads do seem to have had some rotten luck this year. Hope they're keeping their chins up, there's some real quality on those physio tables!

The only thing that did happen, was this time last year, the original fitness coach that came in with CC left for "personal reasons".  Now, I have absolutely no idea why he left, but we had a little drop off in performance about a month after he went. Its probably completely unrelated but for whatever reason, we seem to have signed a couple of players this year who it has been suggested we didn't pick up on a couple of injuries during medicals or early on.  Players not rehabilitatiing properly etc and breaking down before even taking the field in some cases.  I agree we were pretty lucky last year but I think most will agree, we aren't as high energy, in your face and hunting the ball down last year. 

My original thought on that was that last year Sam Hutchinson was the trigger man (and Lopez), intelligent footballers who read the game incredibly well.  He was entrusted on the pitch with determining when we press the ball and in what circumstances and when we back off and regroup.  Obviously when he played at CB he isn't going to do that.  Things have improved since he moved back into midfield, but I wonder with different personnel in midfield compared to last year (Buckley, McManaman, Reach, Jones), whether that snappiness at reacting when he calls it is still being worked on.

Oh well, that filled 2 minutes till kickoff.......................

47 minutes ago, Mr. Tom said:

Did anybody really, really think Abdi wasn't genuinely injured though? A player of that pedigree, professional calibre and seemingly extremely level-headed/reasonable temperament who we shelled out big time for - and who exactly fits one of the biggest skill gaps in the current squad - being sidelined indefinitely due to [insert mad paranoid non-football-related reason here]? Pshhhh. Silly billies!

Apparently some did, yes.

I'm sure they'll see this as further evidence of the elaborate web of lies being spun by the club in order to...erm...deprive ourselves of a quality attacking midfielder.

:ghoulguy:

19 minutes ago, spike1867 said:

The only thing that did happen, was this time last year, the original fitness coach that came in with CC left for "personal reasons".  Now, I have absolutely no idea why he left, but we had a little drop off in performance about a month after he went. Its probably completely unrelated but for whatever reason, we seem to have signed a couple of players this year who it has been suggested we didn't pick up on a couple of injuries during medicals or early on.  Players not rehabilitatiing properly etc and breaking down before even taking the field in some cases.  I agree we were pretty lucky last year but I think most will agree, we aren't as high energy, in your face and hunting the ball down last year. 

My original thought on that was that last year Sam Hutchinson was the trigger man (and Lopez), intelligent footballers who read the game incredibly well.  He was entrusted on the pitch with determining when we press the ball and in what circumstances and when we back off and regroup.  Obviously when he played at CB he isn't going to do that.  Things have improved since he moved back into midfield, but I wonder with different personnel in midfield compared to last year (Buckley, McManaman, Reach, Jones), whether that snappiness at reacting when he calls it is still being worked on.

Oh well, that filled 2 minutes till kickoff.......................

Very interesting, thanks for the info! Let's do some more digging after we've pummeled these oiks today.  :manager: