BREAKING NEWS - Wednesday make second raid on Barnsley

34 minutes ago, ChapSmurf said:

"A" member. Singular. One person. Barnsley fans are doing this en-masse so yes I will talk about the over reactions from some regarding Winnall. When I say en-masse, I am referring to Barnsley's own set of forum numpties, and not Barnsley fans as a whole.

If FF, for instance, left that in anything but amicable circumstances (amicable to the fans that is) our own vitriol-spouting keyboard warriors would be out in force, showing the world how dumb they are. But why get upset in the first place? It's not like we, the fans, own the player and can dictate what he does in his life, so why get your knickers in a twist when a player leaves?

You are taking that one quote of mine in isolation from everything else I posted in this thread.

Simply stating a fact. Delve into the forum, and look at the reaction of masses of our fans when Fernando refused to travel. It was pathetic. You'd have thought he'd murdered somebody. 

18 minutes ago, Wolfmanjack said:

Simply stating a fact. Delve into the forum, and look at the reaction of masses of our fans when Fernando refused to travel. It was pathetic. You'd have thought he'd murdered somebody. 

Nah. They'd have probably forgiven him for that minor indiscretion.

41 minutes ago, Wolfmanjack said:

I agree, it is totally pathetic, but that's how some people roll.

1 hour ago, ChapSmurf said:

If FF, for instance, left that in anything but amicable circumstances (amicable to the fans that is) our own vitriol-spouting keyboard warriors would be out in force, showing the world how dumb they are. But why get upset in the first place? It's not like we, the fans, own the player and can dictate what he does in his life, so why get your knickers in a twist when a player leaves?

It usually seems that the ones who think a particular player is almost a god are also the most vitriolic when that player moves. From hero to much les than a zero in the time it takes to sign a contract.

It would be interesting to go back over the Barnsley site and see if the ones wishing AIDS or such on SW are the same ones who would hear no wrong about him. I'm not volunteering by the way, I can only stand reading their boards for a few minutes, First few I laugh at, the next few I'm amazed by and then I just get embarrassed for them. 

3 minutes ago, prowl said:

It usually seems that the ones who think a particular player is almost a god are also the most vitriolic when that player moves. From hero to much les than a zero in the time it takes to sign a contract.

It would be interesting to go back over the Barnsley site and see if the ones wishing AIDS or such on SW are the same ones who would hear no wrong about him. I'm not volunteering by the way, I can only stand reading their boards for a few minutes, First few I laugh at, the next few I'm amazed by and then I just get embarrassed for them. 

Nail on the head. I try and understand what motivates someone to be like that and I think it is because they are taking it so personally, like losing their girlfriend to someone else. I think that is how they feel and why they react like they do. It's their own fault though because they think the player is "theirs", not the club, but their very own personal player that should do no wrong.