BREAKING NEWS - Wednesday make second raid on Barnsley

This is the kind of attitude that I like to see. Make fun of the situation because let's face it, there is bod-all us fans can do about a player leaving. I'm fairly certain it will happen to us again at some point so roll with it, make fun of it and simply move on. Life can be stressful enough without quiming over players who have been a transient commodity since transfers began. 

Just now, ChapSmurf said:

This is the kind of attitude that I like to see. Make fun of the situation because let's face it, there is bod-all us fans can do about a player leaving. I'm fairly certain it will happen to us again at some point so roll with it, make fun of it and simply move on. Life can be stressful enough without quiming over players who have been a transient commodity since transfers began. 

Mmmm. They should be dignified like Wednesday fans. We wouldn't moan if Hutch or FF went to Leeds. Would we?

1 minute ago, heppers said:

Mmmm. They should be dignified like Wednesday fans. We wouldn't moan if Hutch or FF went to Leeds. Would we?

We would moan like flip, fans of all clubs would, but I'm saying what's the point? Players come and go; it's part of the game these days, so personally I would shrug my shoulders and move on from it, like the guy who made the caption above has I would imagine.

11 minutes ago, ChapSmurf said:

6 minutes ago, ChapSmurf said:

We would moan like flip, fans of all clubs would, but I'm saying what's the point? Players come and go; it's part of the game these days, so personally I would shrug my shoulders and move on from it, like the guy who made the caption above has I would imagine.

Mate you seem like a decent level headed bloke. A minority.

2 minutes ago, heppers said:

Mate you seem like a decent level headed bloke. A minority.

Thanks mate, I appreciate that. I can be level-headed but I still have my moments at times. To be honest though, I would say I was in the majority as not every fan is represented on here and it's always easy to rant and rave anonymously online, so we can sometimes get the feeling our fan base (and other teams fans too) is full of moaners. I think most would be annoyed, but not to the level we have seen from some Tarn fans, who want him to break his legs and catch AIDS.

12 minutes ago, ChapSmurf said:

Thanks mate, I appreciate that. I can be level-headed but I still have my moments at times. To be honest though, I would say I was in the majority as not every fan is represented on here and it's always easy to rant and rave anonymously online, so we can sometimes get the feeling our fan base (and other teams fans too) is full of moaners. I think most would be annoyed, but not to the level we have seen from some Tarn fans, who want him to break his legs and catch AIDS.

I think Wednesday fans would be as bad if not worse. Don't forget, we think we are massive.

Guest Copthorneowl
25 minutes ago, heppers said:

I think Wednesday fans would be as bad if not worse. Don't forget, we think we are massive.

Think, there's no doubt about it mate two draws on the trot  have caused meltdown and Carlos out threads. As Kammy  would say unbelievable heppers 

Of course we would moan. Well 50% would the other 50% would proclaim said player was useless, past it or never liked him.

The issue for a football fan is when players leave and the replacement is rubbish or the funds prop up the ailing club finances. 

It happened with Wednesday in the late 80's, finances meant it happened after losing the Premier League place and again after the play off victory.

The fear for Barnsley fans is that they have reached their peak and it will be steadily downhill

Guest Copthorneowl
3 minutes ago, mkowl said:

Of course we would moan. Well 50% would the other 50% would proclaim said player was useless, past it or never liked him.

The issue for a football fan is when players leave and the replacement is rubbish or the funds prop up the ailing club finances. 

It happened with Wednesday in the late 80's, finances meant it happened after losing the Premier League place and again after the play off victory.

The fear for Barnsley fans is that they have reached their peak and it will be steadily downhill

Just setting off MK any better up your way.

2 hours ago, ChapSmurf said:

When FF refused to travel at the beginning of the season, a member of this forum actually posted that he hoped he got cancer, so please don't talk about over reaction from Barnsley fans. 

10 minutes ago, Wolfmanjack said:

When FF refused to travel at the beginning of the season, a member of this forum actually posted that he hoped he got cancer, so please don't talk about over reaction from Barnsley fans. 

"A" member. Singular. One person. Barnsley fans are doing this en-masse so yes I will talk about the over reactions from some regarding Winnall. When I say en-masse, I am referring to Barnsley's own set of forum numpties, and not Barnsley fans as a whole.

If FF, for instance, left that in anything but amicable circumstances (amicable to the fans that is) our own vitriol-spouting keyboard warriors would be out in force, showing the world how dumb they are. But why get upset in the first place? It's not like we, the fans, own the player and can dictate what he does in his life, so why get your knickers in a twist when a player leaves?

You are taking that one quote of mine in isolation from everything else I posted in this thread.

When it comes to ex-players, we really do have the full mixed bag of fans;

- the ones that will kill the player and all their family

- ones that accept it like it's football, and that's what happens

- the ones that go above and beyond to "show" that they are sensible, level headed fans. They'll give a standing ovation every time an ex-player touches the ball, yet they'll boo our own players! Probably booed said player when he was our player, but will strenouously deny such fact, probably also looking down thier nose at every other fan in a condescending way!!