The Owls vs Huddersfield. Official Matchday Thread.

1 minute ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

If he picks a positive team and they play with tempo - people will accept it.

I know we will look more like a 442 but this is where id like to see the players spend most of the game...

Westwood

Palmer             Lees           Loovens         Pudil

Hutch 

Macca                  Bannan               Reach

Winall          Fernando

Subs - Wildsmith, Hunt, Sasso, Wallace, Jones, Hooper, Fletcher

2 minutes ago, FlyingOwl said:

so I'm on crutches right now, does anyone know if the stewards will let me through the disability entrance or do I have to stumble through the turnstiles?

What happened hun?

[Flying Owls' reply] - "PM me."

Edited by Miffed

1 minute ago, FlyingOwl said:

so I'm on crutches right now, does anyone know if the stewards will let me through the disability entrance or do I have to stumble through the turnstiles?

I've seen people let in the gates before (and I have always presumed that's how tango gets in), if you approach them and are nice about it then I am sure they will understand. 

I met Patrick Stewart once. Actually, I didn't. I just saw him in a painting at Huddersfield Uni. True story that.

I really don't know how you find all this info out @pauli. Every week my education grows thanks to your amazing OMDT. It's quite simply changed my life.

19 minutes ago, Miffed said:

Why do people keep putting Reach at left back? We have just signed another left back, Reach needs to be played to his strengths higher up the field.

Because when he plays midfield he seems scared every time he gets the ball, looks to go backwards at every opportunity, keeps losing the ball and is generally poo .

Thats my guess anyway lol

1 minute ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

Because when he plays midfield he seems scared every time he gets the ball, looks to go backwards at every opportunity, keeps losing the ball and is generally poo .

I always thought the opposite when I've watched him, seems when he's in midfield he is one of the few that tries to go forward, often has to go back though as no one else goes forward into space

10 minutes ago, FlyingOwl said:

When I broke my leg I used to sit in the wheelchair section on the North and they'd let me to the left of the entrance to the club shop. That's mainly because I had a full length pot so could actually physically sit in my seat. 

4 minutes ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

Then dont play him at all.

He's not good enough at left back though (granted, if that's where Carlos sees him playing in the future then he has time to develop). We now have two left backs in Pudil and Fox so I would hope that this puts Reach as third choice left back. If its more effective to play FF on the left wing then drop Reach. You shouldnt shoe-horn players into the wrong position just for the sake of it.

6 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

When I broke my leg I used to sit in the wheelchair section on the North and they'd let me to the left of the entrance to the club shop. That's mainly because I had a full length pot so could actually physically sit in my seat. 

I'm in a full leg brace so stairs are tricky. I'm fine to get in my seat I'm only a few rows up, but the steps down on the Kop may be a step too far, excuse the pun.

Morning chums specially the squire of Preston and his gaggle of adoring servant girls......who he's quite willing to share for a couple of pints. Hi to the MGG and hope everyone's well and over the post Christmas blues.............PARTICULARLY the ruddy team who have had a monumental 3 week hangover........must have been some party after the Toon game.

As others have already said this game (and the next) are probably going to define our season.....I would love to get 4 points either way we do it but also as others have said it's the Wednesday way to lose both and drop to 8th.

Ollie's quite up for this.....well when he's awake.........and we chatted on our walk this morning .......he thinks udders are always a bit scared of us and possibly the S6 atmosphere and so if we can get at them early there's a chance we could get a couple up in the first half hour.

If our new golden rounduns SW has brought his boots then FFS play him ................. it's not lik he's been warming the tykes bench........get him on and tell him if he scores a brace today then Mrs MK will nosh him off next time he's down this way.

ALSO get shut of some of the hangers on who are stealing a wage........including (i'm sorry to say Big Dave............I'm 64 and 5'10" and can still run faster turn faster and jump higher than that lump. Send him to MKDons .........Now that would be a bonus.

Anyway 1-1 from me and 2-1 from the Ollmeister.............don't care whoscores

COME ON WEDNESDAY

9 minutes ago, FlyingOwl said:

I'm in a full leg brace so stairs are tricky. I'm fine to get in my seat I'm only a few rows up, but the steps down on the Kop may be a step too far, excuse the pun.

I got in contact with the club beforehand because I knew I wouldn't be able to sit in my seat so they offered me the wheelchair bay and also let me bring a carer for free. This was a long time ago I must add. Might be a good shout for the future if it's longer term. But if you can sit down then maybe just try and get in a bit later so you aren't in a rush. I don''t know? More drinking time in the pub. 

Edited by TheEnchanter