Sheffield Wednesday in bid for Barnsley

711588ddd80f161f42e9e0158335b9c99d5aa0c0.jpeg

Sheffield Wednesday Football Club today put a bid in of £1.5 million pounds for Barnsley as part of a matchday park and ride scheme

The offer went in this morning which will see the whole of Barnsley 'tarn' flattened in order to make way for a massive carpark for the new park and ride scheme that will allow Owls fans to park up and jump on a new Wednesday Tram to Hillsborough, where they'll be able to watch super striker Sam Winnall score the goals to lead them to the Premiership, provided ably by new signing Hourihane.

The offer is expected to be accepted swiftly after other similar recent deals.

It's widely thought that now that there's no further use for anything in the region of Barnsley, and so the park and ride scheme will not only benefit SWFC and it's fans, but will also improve the area massively by flattening it to a tarmac surface.

Barnsley spokesman Zachary Dingle said something in Barnsley dialect that we're still translating. More on this story once we've sussed out what he said.

Owlstalk Shop

If this is true then i think its a waste of money. We have ample parking around the ground and i'm not sure it would be used that much - especially those of us who come from the opposite direction.

Better to put the 1.5m towards a new CB as cover for Lees and Loovens.

2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

711588ddd80f161f42e9e0158335b9c99d5aa0c0.jpeg

Sheffield Wednesday Football Club today put a bid in of £1.5 million pounds for Barnsley as part of a matchday park and ride scheme

The offer went in this morning which will see the whole of Barnsley 'tarn' flattened in order to make way for a massive carpark for the new park and ride scheme that will allow Owls fans to park up and jump on a new Wednesday Tram to Hillsborough, where they'll be able to watch super striker Sam Winnall score the goals to lead them to the Premiership, provided ably by new signing Hourihane.

The offer is expected to be accepted swiftly after other similar recent deals.

It's widely thought that now that there's no further use for anything in the region of Barnsley, and so the park and ride scheme will not only benefit SWFC and it's fans, but will also improve the area massively by flattening it to a tarmac surface.

Barnsley spokesman Zachary Dingle said something in Barnsley dialect that we're still translating. More on this story once we've sussed out what he said.

Please register on every single site and post this. 6 finger meltdown!

16 hours ago, apswfcowl said:

If this is true then i think its a waste of money. We have ample parking around the ground and i'm not sure it would be used that much - especially those of us who come from the opposite direction.

Better to put the 1.5m towards a new CB as cover for Lees and Loovens.

Is this a whoosh moment? Do you really think that we are buying an entire town for £1.5m?

1 hour ago, Galaxypuppet said:

Is this a whoosh moment? Do you really think that we are buying an entire town for £1.5m?

This is the whoosh moment i'm afraid. Did you really think i really thought we were buying Barnsley for 1.5m?

350k perhaps but not the 1.5m quoted in the op!!!

News is just coming in from our agent in Barugh Green that moves are afoot to build a wall from Wentworth to Hood Green via Allotts corner and Birdwell to keep out the" ravenous hoards " who come from the Steel city to steal the footballers of the "beloved Tarn".

From behind the wall the keyboard warriors of all things Dingle will thumb there noses at the advancing "hoards"  (  when they decide which of the two thumbs they have on each hand to use)  and generally jump up and down at a good job done .

One well read chap from Smithies was heard to say "If its good enough fer Trump its good enough fer Tarn serry"