George Hirst to Carlisle?

Just now, Big Ron's Sovereign said:

This guy is different though. Am I swayed because his Dad is a legend here? Yes,

Think of what it would do for him to score his 1st professional goal for his Dad's team.

Now think of that for Carlisle.

I see your point, but there's a danger we'll mollycoddle him to the point of stunting his development. Special treatment isn't always beneficial.

6 minutes ago, Groundhopping Owl said:

If every time a young player was loaned out it was a signal they weren't wanted, why would clubs ever do it? Man U loaned out Jesse Lingard multiple times but his head didn't drop and he scored the winner in the FA Cup final last season.

Exactly, Compare di maria and MKHITARYAN 1 gave up the other kept his head up and is now picking up his form, point is we need a mkhitaryan attitude not a di maria 

Edited by stocksyuto

7 minutes ago, Big Ron's Sovereign said:

No.

Sending him there will just deflate him. Put him on the bench here, odd sub appearance is where he'll learn. If he's good enough he's old enough. Shipping him off to back of beyond and down the leagues will put it in his head that he's not wanted here and he will start to look elsewhere

What does he learn from the odd 5 minute sub appearance then, that he couldn't learn by playing 30, 45 or 90 minutes for another club on loan.

If he was good enough to play for us, then yes he would be old enough, but the fact is he's not good enough, yet.

Just now, Big Ron's Sovereign said:

How do you know that?

Have seen him play for u23s a couple of times, wasn't particularly convincing on either occasion and there looked better young players in the Wednesday team, he's got potential of course but banging in goals in under 18s football and going straight into the championship is a very different thing.

But my opinion is irrelevant, Carvalhal clearly doesn't think he's ready either, he said so today.

24 minutes ago, Big Ron's Sovereign said:

No.

Sending him there will just deflate him. Put him on the bench here, odd sub appearance is where he'll learn. If he's good enough he's old enough. Shipping him off to back of beyond and down the leagues will put it in his head that he's not wanted here and he will start to look elsewhere

Maybe he's just not good enough then... yet... and a loan would help him get good enough.

In his Cambridge debut, he looked like a boy amongst men. Four months on he seems to have come along a lot. His little cameo (at Reading) he looked more at ease, but still not ready for regular extended runs with the first team.

He needs something between Development Squad and Championship. I'd say league 2 is about right. He won't be guaranteed a start, but he will get more game time, in competitive matches, against seasoned pros, at Carlisle than at Hillborough.

It'll be a good move for him. Prefer something more local (Mansfield?), but it's the quality of the coaching at the loan club what matters. If it happens, I'm sure we've checked them out.

1 hour ago, oh_weds_we_love_you said:

A mate who supports Carlisle says they've inquired about Hirst on loan for the remainder of the season - a temporary replacement for Charlie Wyke, who has been linked as Winnall's replacement at Barnsley (£400k).

Personally, think it would be a great move for Hirsty. Getting game time away from the pressures at Wednesday, hopefully a few goals to get him going, and toughen up in a more physical league.

Agreed. Pub League two would be the perfect place to gain valuable experience without too much pressure on him. Would also toughen him up a bit. 

Would be a good move for him with Winnall coming in,Hooper returning fitness and us out of both cups I cant see him getting anymore game time here this season especially as the pressure ramps up towards the end of the season. This would give him perfect chance to make a few appearances from the bench and develop his game with no real pressure from the fans.