It's good to see Barnsley fans are taking it well

Guest mrbluesky
4 minutes ago, newbster said:

lol imagine if we had reacted like the dingles when Lavery went to the blunts...the vast majority of us wished him well

It wasn`t that long ago since Ryan France tbh.

1 minute ago, sherlyegg said:

What foookin Irony ....look at the Hirst thread...we can poach players, but we can't have ours nabbed, IQ of a kit-kat some of our fans (no offense to kit-kats btw) :rolleyes:

I'm not sure we poached him. We made an offer, they accepted. We talked to him and agreed terms.Seems like a normal transaction to me, done by the book.

In Hirst's case, Everton haven't made an offer yet. Newspapers say they are about to make an offer, our fans ridiculed it, the club said he's happy here and not for sale.

46 minutes ago, sherlyegg said:

What foookin Irony ....look at the Hirst thread...we can poach players, but we can't have ours nabbed, IQ of a kit-kat some of our fans (no offense to kit-kats btw) :rolleyes:

It's a fair point sherlyegg , there's banter, rivalry, and always some hypocrisy, should always be dished out in good fun.

Then there's the redline that only a few dolts cross like that prat on twitter.

5 minutes ago, Lambretta said:

Can someone tell me who Barnsley are lol

It's a man made town built originally on an agar plate in Dr. Frankenstein's workshop on the Doncaster Road.

The population of which  evolved from the spawned amoeba on said agar plate.

Now the size of a small town.

It's funny because we haven't actually confirmed anything yet, technically he's still a Barnsley player.

I think the club are maybe holding of on the press release until tomorrow, Barnsley have confirmed they wouldn't announce anything today anyway so it makes sense we would follow suit. Both parties allowing the rightful coverage of Rimmo's funeral to be top priority and not overshadowed by this is quite an admirable thing to do.

So actually, unless we unveil him tonight....what they saying (about us and Winnall being disrespectful) is completely untrue and makes them look ridiculous.

Edited by Lionel Fessi

8 minutes ago, Lionel Fessi said:

It's funny because we haven't actually confirmed anything yet, technically he's still a Barnsley player.

I think the club are maybe holding of on the press release until tomorrow, Barnsley have confirmed they wouldn't announce anything today anyway so it makes sense we would follow suit. Both parties allowing the rightful coverage of Rimmo's funeral to be top priority and not overshadowed by this is quite an admirable thing to do.

So actually, unless we unveil him tonight....what they saying (about us and Winnall being disrespectful) is completely untrue and makes them look ridiculous.

Its a bit of a malformed argument anyway.  Are they trying to tell us that Barnsley didn't process any work at all today?  Sold no tickets, nothing in the shop sold?  Would it be disrespectful if they had?  No different to selling a player.

7 minutes ago, Holmes said:

Its a bit of a malformed argument anyway.  Are they trying to tell us that Barnsley didn't process any work at all today?  Sold no tickets, nothing in the shop sold?  Would it be disrespectful if they had?  No different to selling a player.

Agreed.

Sour grapes.