Conor Hourihane

34 minutes ago, sweetsheri said:

If they've had a £1m bid accepted then i just don't believe we've even made a bid.

Football clubs are a business and they will accept the higher offer, simple as that

As of last week we hadn't made a bid and Villa had a bid of £1m rejected. 

For Villa to talk to him it's got to be a higher bid/deal possibly add ons.

My source has since gone quiet as he's now the subject of transfer speculation himself.

I've got a feeling Carlos is looking elsewhere. 

I've never had the feeling that this was going to happen. Barnsley don't want to sell to us, maybe he has some respect for Barnsley's crowd, he worked with Brucie before, and Villa have the cash. Although Owls fans have been interested in this, probably Carlos moved on some time ago. As people said last week, the only way this was likely to happen was as a double signing.

Guest Copthorneowl

We seem to be going round in circles on this one. 

Villla have supposedly offered 1 million (so we hear) and it's been accepted (so we hear).

According to the world and his granny he was at Hillsborough last week having talks (so we hear).

Seems pretty clear that if any of the above are true (a) they don't want our money cos 1 mill is cheap, and (b) he doesn't want to play for us because he's already been hear for talks and now he's at AV (so we hear).

The money involved, both for the selling club and wages is something we can easily match so clearly he isn't coming because he doesn't want. Sadly let's move on and let CC get someone who does want to play for us. Hope to be wrong cos thought he'd be good but it's not looking like happening.

Guest wilyfox
2 minutes ago, Beholder said:

Not sure what you mean.

He is on his way back to fitness so let's hope he can finally justify the fee and wages. 

I hope you're right, but, niggling injuries...Carlos reluctant to play him when fit...and tepid performances on the rare occasions he does get onto the pitch. Also linked with a move this month..

1 hour ago, Big Ron's Sovereign said:

Yet again, this crap is spouted about Bruce, which in turn is negging Carlos.

One is charismatic with a philosophical football brain whilst the other trades on who he played for and can only work with big money then walks away when things don't go his way.

If I was a player I know who I'd prefer to work under.

I'd much rather have Carlos as a coach and likewise if I were a player, but if you are saying that Bruce is not a solid manager then you are in denial. Also, if you think that the appreciation of one managers talent is an automatic disrespect of another's then you are a small minded individual indeed. How on earth you translated the use of the word "solid" to describe Bruce in to a "negging" of CC is beyond me, pull your head in and get a grip of yourself. 

Edited by Morepork

39 minutes ago, BIG D said:

Let's face it, Villa is an attractive move for players in the Championship.

The only way this can change now is if the player is that set on a move to us that he says he will see out his contract.

Unfortunately it sounds as if he's keen on the move.

All over I'm afraid.

Last week someone on here  ( not you) called Villa tinpot

lol