Conor Hourihane

27 minutes ago, Holmes said:

Tweets

Aston Villa are close to agreeing a fee with Barnsley for midfielder Conor Hourihane.

C2jTVzPXcAEWIXg.jpg
    0 replies5 retweets7 likes

Retweet

More

That's the last time he'll have a trophy in his hands then, unless he's in a Whitbread pub lol

Guest wilyfox
5 minutes ago, Owling said:

Judge's out of contract in summer, could get him really cheap, don't know how his recoveries going though.

Won't be fit until April. 

As I've said before, I reckon Hourihane could have done a job for us. If it isn't going to be Abdi, we need to look for someone who can do a similar job. It's a case of finding the right blend that allows us to unshackle our creative players. At the moment, our creative, and most dangerous players, are hamstrung because they are being asked to do too many mundane tasks. A classic example is Reach. Did we really pay that sort of money for someone who can give Pudil some cover down the left? Of course, we need all our players to work hard, and defend from the front, but not at the expense of our attacking game.

Ironically, Carlos's belated decision to use Hutchinson as an enforcer, might start to free up the players further forward. Now, from a solid platform in midfield, our forward thinking players can now start to give the opposition problems. We need someone to orchestrate that, and it appears it's not McGugan, and if it's not going to be Abdi, then a player like Hourihane is crucial.

You have 2 options handed to you wedmesday or villa 

Surely you choose wednesday unless villa are offering silly wages we have a good thing going on at the club from the youth team to the ground and the current first team and manager great owner and the fact that WINNALL'S signed surely swings it in our favour ?

35 minutes ago, Owls-Ya-Doin said:

You have 2 options handed to you wedmesday or villa 

Surely you choose wednesday unless villa are offering silly wages we have a good thing going on at the club from the youth team to the ground and the current first team and manager great owner and the fact that WINNALL'S signed surely swings it in our favour ?

Or he thinks, more money, bigger crowds and no dogs abuse from his neighbours

38 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

Maybe someone like Jordon Mutch. A different kind of player but a box to box one.

Mutch box to box? Can't say I've seen that in his game, for me he's been a creative attacking midfielder prone to going missing for large spells of a game and not really putting a shift in, someone in the McGugan mould.

2 minutes ago, Grimbarian said:

Mutch box to box? Can't say I've seen that in his game, for me he's been a creative attacking midfielder prone to going missing for large spells of a game and not really putting a shift in, someone in the McGugan mould.

Fair enough. I don't watch every single game. It's just the impression I got from him in this league