Conor Hourihane

I think he wants to come here. The move to Villa is simple to do and surely would have been sewn up by now? They have pots of money and he's a transfer bargain. I can only think they're trying to sort a deal to us that looks good to the fans for Barnsley FC. 

I base this on absolutely f**k all. 

Edited by BIG D

42 minutes ago, BIG D said:

I think he wants to come here. The move to Villa is simple to do and surely would have been sewn up by now? They have pots of money and he's a transfer bargain. I can only think they're trying to sort a deal to us that looks good to the fans for Barnsley FC. 

I base this on absolutely f**k all. 

Agreed. Villa have been getting bummed in the transfer market since the Dr took over (could be argued long before that!) and they wouldn't be spending weeks bellyaching (or wetting the bed!) over a few hundred grand here or there - they would have simply signing him because he'd still be a bargain.

Reckon, at most, Hourihane is a back up plan for Villa if they don't get a number of midfielders they'd prefer to get this month.

I also base this on absolutely f**k all!

39 minutes ago, royalowlisback said:

Also the way that CC lined us up before Lee's injury, Bannan often went out wide, which would allow CH to play centrally- probably be Reach or Wallace who would get dropped - depending on opposition etc.

That would make sense, though I'm surprised we didn't do that to accommodate Abdi, instead of pushing Abdi out wide