Conor Hourihane

1 hour ago, prowl said:

I'm not convinced we need him, he's relatively inexperienced at this level and £28k is a lot of money to pay someone who might just be in a purple patch. No problem with the transfer fee, I just think we could do better for the wages

On the other hand if he goes to Villa he has no idea if he will get a game. They are after so many quality midfielders he might just sign and find himself up against some top Championship players who are well proven at this level. It doesn't look like Villa are going to sign one or two they could sign 3 or 4 or more.

I'm not too fussed either way, if we carry on playing 2 wingers and Hutch in the holding role. That only leaves I spot and Bannan, Abdi and Jones to fill it.

It's only pub talk that 28k is on the table isn't it?

25 minutes ago, Groundhopping Owl said:

Villa have put McCormack and Jordan Ayew up for sale to bring in funds, but I feel Lansbury and Cairney are bigger targets for them than Hourihane. Guedioura is a different sort of player, he'll compete with Jedinak and Westwood for a holding midfield role.

Would be very surprised if they offload Jordan Ayew in this window considering he's away at the African cup of nations. 

30 minutes ago, S_W_F_C said:

I just think if there are two offers on the table they will take the other one.

It will be very annoying if we miss out on him due to wages though, the lad is a quality player and we are paying out I guess at over 100k a week on players that just don't play 

Bin of Mcgugan, Nuhui, Urby and Dilena would more than pay his wage. Easier said than done though 

Yes, and there's another problem. We could sell several players to raise funds, but it doesn't alter our wage structure. The question is, can we accommodate him without dwarfing the wages of the other midfielders at the club? It's the old Jordan Rhodes problem again. How do we accommodate a £50K-a-week+ striker into our setup, when the other strikers are earning much less? We've got personal experience of this with FF. As an ex-PL club, Villa's wage structure will be more lavish than ours, so the likes of Rhodes and Hourihane would fit in much more easily.

4 minutes ago, BullitsAA said:

If Bree isn't going to prem, has to be worth us signing him, stick with his pals Hourihane and Winnall...

Surely choose us over Villa. 

Carlos has sent a memo to Oakwell detailing our training ethos and tactics.

It's going to save time as they come....one by one.

42 minutes ago, BullitsAA said:

If Bree isn't going to prem, has to be worth us signing him, stick with his pals Hourihane and Winnall...

Surely choose us over Villa. 

Imagine the meltdown in Dinglesville if we took Hourihane and Bree WTF:

3 hours ago, StudentOwl said:

Forestieri, Fletcher and Hooper on £100k per week in total

Wonder how many teams' budgets are at that level in this division

(Not a criticism, simply an observation)

I saw exactly the same post on DingleTalk where they slagging us off for spending that on wages.

Quick someone count studentowls toes & fingers.lol

There's several reports going around today saying Villa have the 20th highest wage bill in the world. Then there's the £50m in transfers they've spent.

To think they are looking to spend more & still give big wages shows something is wrong with ffp.