Conor Hourihane

1 minute ago, Barr Grylls said:

Yes but they have already spent over 50m this season, surely they are towards the limit.

Maybe, it's difficult to judge. Hourihane would be a good replacement for Lee, and our rivals know it. So they've got an added incentive to sign him. We'll have to pay big money/muito dinheiro to get him, especially after signing Winalot from the Reds for 500K. Taking my Wednesday hat off, if that's the real figure it's scandalous. Looks like things are turning ugly up the road already, so the only way Barnsley's board will be able to justify Hourihane being sold to us is for big bucks.

5 minutes ago, The only way is S6 said:

Mate who has an ST at Tarn for years says he's their best player, runs the midfield, good passing & shooting range. His only weakness is he won't tackle or do the 'dirty' grafting in there.

Leave that to Bazza & Hutch then. Welcome Mr Hulahoop.

How is his heading ability and presence/height . I would like to see some added height in our "dwarf" midfield, Hutchinson apart. We lose out a lot in midfield through lack of height and always useful when defending corners and free kicks. Asking a lot I know....looking for the perfect midfielder I suppose, for not a lot of money.

When we played them recently, i thought," who's that cocky so and so" , had to look him up on the scoreboard. Then I kept an eye on him, thinking, he's the sort of player  opposing fans hate, bolshy, talkative Irishman.. Always looking forward , to create something or have a go himself.Looks exactly what we need to me.

1 minute ago, FlyingOwl said:

Being honest I can't see us getting Hourihane. More to the point I can't see Barnsley selling him to us now they've let Winnall go for nothing to us.

Their fans would throw a fit.

Depends on the fee. When Villa were rumoured to be interested the fees quoted were around £4 million, despite the fact he's only got 6 months left on his deal. If we're getting anywhere near that they've got to consider it.

Just now, FlyingOwl said:

Being honest I can't see us getting Hourihane. More to the point I can't see Barnsley selling him to us now they've let Winnall go for nothing to us.

I have a feeling that there are going to be a lot of whippets getting a kick up the arse:biggrin:

2 minutes ago, FlyingOwl said:

We'd have to pay over the odds to make it acceptable to their fans. They doubtless feel how we're going to feel when Everton wave a PL cheque under young Hirst's nose.