Conor Hourihane

34 minutes ago, Groundhopping Owl said:

How many players are trying to leave Barnsley? Jesus :laugh:

There is of course, no obligation for Barnsley to accept these offers, if they are genuine offers. The only player they've accepted an offer for so far, is Winnall, although if Hourihane is out of contract, and is refusing to sign a new deal, then they may well decide to accept a higher bid than ours

Just now, gurujuan said:

There is of course, no obligation for Barnsley to accept these offers, if they are genuine offers. The only player they've accepted an offer for so far, is Winnall, although if Hourihane is out of contract, and is refusing to sign a new deal, then they may well decide to accept a higher bid than ours

No there isn't. But if even a few of them leave it will be a disastrous window for them.

Also don't write off Ipswich's chances of signing Scowen, Marcus Evans has bumped up the transfer budget to try and convince McCarthy to stay.

2 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Sure the Dingles will be fine as long as none of those players join us. 

I mean after all that's what got them really upset about Winnall. 

The way it's going, Winnall coming to us will be the least of their worries by the time this window ends.

1 hour ago, HOOTIE AND THE bobbar TU said:

This is like when the Blavdes sold Deane and Fjortoff

No that was funny  and so typical of the way they've run that outfit over the years

I'm gald we have SW and hope we get CH  but I have no real animosity to them unlike rovroum and the blunts tbh what's happening at Barnsley is a bit sad really 

This is like a feeding frenzy of other clubs circling picking them to bits but they would do it to us in a heartbeat

5 minutes ago, mike312 said:

Scowen is a very good player, sort of like Kieran Lee, does all the donkey work and goes un-noticed. Bree is a right back who is solid enough and young. I can't see them losing all these players, maybe one or two.

24_ravens-blog480.jpg

If they sell all the players who have been mentioned they won't have enough left to put a team out. We could offer them a bulk discount on a few of our unwanted. Maybe a buy one get one free, Buy Melo and we will throw in a Sougou, take McGugan and choose either a free Dielna or an Emanuelson (slightly damaged).

The only good point from Barnsley's point of view is they are already safe from relegation

Scowen is, I believe out of contract in the summer so they have only themselves to blame. Seems to be rated highly by Reds' fans.

I think their players are now beginning to realise how little Barnsley are paying compared to other clubs, as a result of the deal with Winnall that quadrupled his wages. If Winnall was on 4.5 K per week, Scowen won't be on any more.