Conor Hourihane

28 minutes ago, sweetsheri said:

All sourced from owlstalk mate.

Nothing is official until the club announces it. The only people who know if there's any mileage in this are DC/CC/CH his agent and BFC

And his Mum

Yeah, but apart from his Mum.....

Edited by theowlsman

2 minutes ago, TINKERBELL said:

Not necessarily as it could be in deal if he gets bad injury then the deals off.

In other news hecky is 8-1 to take over at Notts forest 

They could do a lot worse.

Forest are poison atm, they'll be lucky to get anyone credible the way theyre going.

5 minutes ago, TINKERBELL said:

Not necessarily as it could be in deal if he gets bad injury then the deals off.

But how would that benefit him, if he was close to signing there is no way he would play, and we would also make sure that he didn't play, otherwise all negotiations would be pointless.

Edited by daleblue

11 minutes ago, daleblue said:

But how would that benefit him, if he was close to signing there is no way he would play, and we would also make sure that he didn't play, otherwise all negotiations would be pointless.

That's what I was thinking mate regardless of where he ends up, he wouldn't be playing tonight at all in my opinion if a deal close 

20 minutes ago, TINKERBELL said:

that'd mean their physio would be only one left, do ya think he'll sell CH

2 minutes ago, TINKERBELL said:

What if Barnsley asked can he play tonight and get us in next round of the cup . Conor has been making all the right noises today in press to not upset the dingles 

If we were close to concluding a deal we would not let him play, and if they did win it would be a miracle if they got us.

7 minutes ago, TINKERBELL said:

What if Barnsley asked can he play tonight and get us in next round of the cup . Conor has been making all the right noises today in press to not upset the dingles .I maybe reading too much into it but I'm sure well find out and soon. 

Wot Cup ?

33 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

They could do a lot worse.

Forest are poison atm, they'll be lucky to get anyone credible the way theyre going.

I agree, for someone who is already working but there's always those on the managerial merry-go-round who currently aren't working who will throw their hat into the ring 

Barnsley have got dogs abuse from their own fans for selling Winnall to their local rivals for a reported though unconfirmed small transfer fee.  

They won't want to be seen allowing their team captain to move to the same local rivals or anybody for that matter for a another perceived low fee.

Personally I think the release of today's information regarding turning down our bid for Hourihane is just posturing on their part & making a statement to their fans that he won't be sold for peanuts & we don't want to sell to our rivals.

The ball is firmly in Hourihane's court, if he decides he doesn't want to sign a new contract than he'll be sold in this window, whether to us, Villa or any other interested club. Barnsley can't afford to turn down much more than our reported offer for someone that will go for free at the end of the season.

2 minutes ago, mogbad said:

Barnsley have got dogs abuse from their own fans for selling Winnall to their local rivals for a reported though unconfirmed small transfer fee.  

They won't want to be seen allowing their team captain to move to the same local rivals or anybody for that matter for a another perceived low fee.

Personally I think the release of today's information regarding turning down our bid for Hourihane is just posturing on their part & making a statement to their fans that he won't be sold for peanuts & we don't want to sell to our rivals.

The ball is firmly in Hourihane's court, if he decides he doesn't want to sign a new contract than he'll be sold in this window, whether to us, Villa or any other interested club. Barnsley can't afford to turn down much more than our reported offer for someone that will go for free at the end of the season.

Perhaps I'm wrong but thought they still had the stones add on cash  keep hearing their fans saying 'we dont have to sell'

they still think they are in with a chance of playoffs :biggrin:

8 minutes ago, Chilli said:

I agree, for someone who is already working but there's always those on the managerial merry-go-round who currently aren't working who will throw their hat into the ring 

Maybe. I'd want payment in cash at the end of every day.

Just can't think of anyone who'd entertain them...but then again, there will always be one, so I suppose you're right.

1 minute ago, steelowl said:

Perhaps I'm wrong but thought they still had the stones add on cash  keep hearing their fans saying 'we dont have to sell'

they still think they are in with a chance of playoffs :biggrin:

Your probably right & while they're not strapped for cash I can't see a club of Barnsley's size turning down circa £1.3 - £1.5m for a player if he tells them he won't sign a new contract.

Just now, mogbad said:

Your probably right & while they're not strapped for cash I can't see a club of Barnsley's size turning down circa £1.3 - £1.5m for a player if he tells them he won't sign a new contract.

perhaps  but with no official there to do the transfer business chairman very ill apparently this is becoming a circus now  his agent must be creaming himself playing several clubs off against each other whilst CH is pretending to listen to his club's new contract offer