Conor Hourihane

31 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

One of the transfer deals that would make sense in my opinion, although it does put question marks against the future of Abdi. Hourihane is capable of playing in a midfield two, whereas Abdi appears not to be, which obviously makes the Barnsley man a better fit

I reckon that Abdi was supposed to play in the position which Hutch now plays. Carlos was adamant at the beginning of the season that Hutchinson was going to play in defence, and that's why we didn't sign another CB. Abdi is fairly tall and solid. He's attacking in disposition, but not so mobile. You'd probably have to go to a midfield 5 if you wanted both Hutch and Abdi in there. If we were to play Leeds in the playoffs I think you'd have to field the pair of them to prevent what happened at Hillsborough happening again.

5 minutes ago, Athelwulf said:

Abdi is fairly tall and solid.

Now I don't know their actual heights, but I saw Abdi & Bannan side by side, there wasn't much difference.

For me, Abdi & Bannan are the same type of player, vying for the same position, as playmaker. 

1. Henri Lansbury will leave Nottingham Forest this window, with Aston Villa his preferred option. [sky sports] #avfc

3 replies18 retweets30 likes

Retweet

More

Aston Villa Set to Sign Wolfsburg Starlet Anton Donkor as Bruce Aims for Late Playoff Push

7 minutes ago, BullitsAA said:

James Mccarthy targeted by Newcastle, has to be worth hi-jacking that one, well worth 40k wages (estimated)

I'd be surprised if he left the Premier league, latest rumour is Sunderland for him, good player when on song but a lot of injury/fitness issues of late.

15 minutes ago, Grimbarian said:

I'd be surprised if he left the Premier league, latest rumour is Sunderland for him, good player when on song but a lot of injury/fitness issues of late.

Yeh, he will probs go there, Koeman being stern in his negotiations I see! Can't think who Koeman would want from Newcastle.. dread to think who he would want from us, best just leave this one well alone.