Conor Hourihane

2 hours ago, Stainless1983 said:

I saw exactly the same post on DingleTalk where they slagging us off for spending that on wages.

Quick someone count studentowls toes & fingers.lol

Well, Booboo Fletcher = £40K, Hooper = £30K, Forrester = £30K. Grand total £100K per week. :stuwinky:

1 minute ago, Rogers said:

It's probably been mentioned, but I think the fans have started a petition to make it illegal for them to sell CH

Good job the fans have got fuuck all to do with it then. lol

Business is business, money talks and if the player decided he wants to come here then I'm afraid it's tough titty for Barnsley at this stage. 

26 minutes ago, Rogers said:

It's probably been mentioned, but I think the fans have started a petition to make it illegal for them to sell CH

I'd not heard that before, it's here - https://www.change.org/p/barnsley-f-c-make-it-illegal-for-barnsley-f-c-to-sell-conor-hourihane some of the comments are gold.

If it was from anywhere else I'd say it was a wee wee take but being Barnsley I'm not so sure it is.

Edited by Morepork

2 hours ago, bigash_swfc said:

We'd have a right double barrell spine.

Loovens & Lees

Hutchinson & Hourihane

Fletcher & Forestieri 

I think you mean:

Loovens & Lees

Hutchinson & Hourihane

Winnall & WeeArgentinianItalianMagician

;)

21 hours ago, StudentOwl said:

We've got Sasso as third/fourth choice CB. Not sure anyone better than him would be happy to come and play second fiddle to Lees and Loovens, or even third fiddle if you include Hutch's ability to play there if we're a little short. 

Will also use this opportunity as a friendly reminder that in his one start alongside Tom Lees, he statistically outperformed him in every aspect both offensively and defensively, apart from aerial battles. Doesn't mean he's better than Lees... possibly suggests some of you are blinkered when it comes to accepting he's a half-decent third choice CB and probably the best fourth choice CB of anyone in this league outside of the relegated Prem clubs. 

Stats can be misleading.

Solid clearance putting the ball way out of danger = 1 Clearance.

Shanked ball going 40 yards up but dropping back down 10 yards from where it was kicked = 1 clearance.

9 hours ago, Pacifier said:

They still seem very bitter about Winnall, I do wonder when they will let it go lol 

http://barnsleyfc.org.uk/showthread.php?252647-Winnall-did-say-our-fans-were-bobbar

ps. Us starved of talent? I forgot they queued in the masses to see the mid table mediocrity of little Barnsley punching above their weight. 

Winnall speaks truth about Barnsley fans in shocking expose. :duntmatter:

1 minute ago, Stainless1983 said:

Heckingbottom did an interview today where he basically said he is doing all the transfer & contract negotiations now. That's because their CEO left the day we signed Winnall.

Not sure whether that helps us or not? 

I very much doubt it. 

But whatever happens it will be a deadline deal I would have thought. 

One of the transfer deals that would make sense in my opinion, although it does put question marks against the future of Abdi. Hourihane is capable of playing in a midfield two, whereas Abdi appears not to be, which obviously makes the Barnsley man a better fit

Abdi is a diffucult one, that I can't get my head around.

Part if me thinks he must be a very good footballer, and that his natural talent will eventually become evident.

But the rest of me is saying that on current evidence, we could probably afford to write him off as someone who just couldn't perform for us, and there have been a few of them over the years.