EVERTON TARGET SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY TEENAGER GEORGE HIRST

heh. Biggus has blocked me on Twitter because I had the nerve to gently point out that he was misguided to say that Ched Evans had been treated worse than the woman he sexually abused while she was unconscious from drink (all established and undisputed facts, mlud). 

What a tool.

Hirst hasn't got the star player power to force a move, Everton aren't going to make us an offer we can't refuse. It might happen but I'm quite chill about this.

This was going to happen eventually. It's ridiculous really as he wouldn't kick a ball at Everton just like mason holgate and DCL.

I think his dad has said previously that George is aware that he may be better served here as the main prospect rather than just being a number elsewhere. I hope so anyway as that would be better for him and if he's good enough he'd be getting another chance with  the top premier clubs as a first team player.

Money talks though. But I think they'll be in for a shock if they think he will be cheap like a blades player.

For once I am actually ITK. When he was offered his first pro-contract with us all the trainees were offered the same wage. GH's agent pointed out to the club that Man Ure & Liverpool were both sniffing and that they wanted more than the others for George. He also said that they weren'r being greedy and didn't want stupid money beacuse he wanted to sign just £300 a week more than the others that, in light of everything, the club thought was fair enough considering that there wasnt the same interest in any of the other trainees and they weren't playing for England like GH..

The point is, why would he go now? He's going nowhere this is just another click-bait thread. He's on the fringe of the first team at a top-end Championship Club. If he goes to a bang average team like Everton he'll just disappear. 

This is a non-story.

What's in Everton's favour is that they have a track record of buying kids, and playing them. If they approached Hirst, they could point to the likes of Stones, Holgate, Calvert-Lewin etc, never mind going further back with Rooney and Jeffers. All those played first team football quite quickly, with some gong onto the international scene. 

Not sure young talent gets 'lost' at Everton. 

And you couldn't blame anyone for wanting a shot at the big money, and big time. Especially a lad who's Dad missed out big time a few years back when faced with a very similar scenario. 

13 hours ago, Costello 77 said:

Well, you've done your bit.

And so have I!!WTF:

Done what ? Ive not done any s.h.i.t stiring, its not my style. People may disagree with what i say, but i don't go out of my way to push a narrative that essentially is throw away rubbish, from a journalist who can tries, but cam barely contain his allegiance to the blades.

3 minutes ago, Mick De Lyons said:

Done what ? Ive not done any s.h.i.t stiring, its not my style. People may disagree with what i say, but i don't go out of my way to push a narrative that essentially is throw away rubbish, from a journalist who can tries, but cam barely contain his allegiance to the blades.

No.No. I meant generating 20 pages of posts about a nothing post.

It was a light hearted remark about the irony of us adding to it. See my reply to A12.

2 hours ago, vulva said:

What's in Everton's favour is that they have a track record of buying kids, and playing them. If they approached Hirst, they could point to the likes of Stones, Holgate, Calvert-Lewin etc, never mind going further back with Rooney and Jeffers. All those played first team football quite quickly, with some gong onto the international scene. 

Not sure young talent gets 'lost' at Everton. 

And you couldn't blame anyone for wanting a shot at the big money, and big time. Especially a lad who's Dad missed out big time a few years back when faced with a very similar scenario. 

Totally different scenarios his dad was playing for a team which had just finished third and was on the way to two cup finals  that season, he missed out because of an injury which destroyed his career and our team the possibility of more trophies.

to put into context this is more akin to us signing David from Barnsley ,  a top flight team signing a youngster with potential from a second tier team. 

5 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

No.No. I meant generating 20 pages of posts about a nothing post.

It was a light hearted remark about the irony of us adding to it. See my reply to A12.

Ahh, get you lol. Oh yes, ive certainly fueled a few of those. This is on five pages now, so only fifteen to go !! Ps how do you get the " blakey " picture lol ?

Edited by Mick De Lyons