The cursed grounds

53 minutes ago, Greenhgate Owl said:

I always go to the away games where we get hammered

8-0 loss to Newcastle

4-0 loss to orient

5-1 loss to Exeter

7-0 loss to man city

6-0 loss to reading

last time I went to a away game and Wednesday won was in about 2006 when we beat the dingles 3-0 lol

Stop at home til June eh?

1 hour ago, Geedee said:

I saw Wednesday win at goodison park around 1991 1-0 Sheridan I think. 

I seem to recall it's was our first win there since the 1950's.  

Hirst scored it I think, might have been Boxing Day, certainly during the Christmas period.

We won't be the only side to have a poor record away to Arsenal but our record against Boro since they moved ground is dire, 1 win I think and can't remember many draws with plenty of goals conceded.

1 hour ago, Icehockeyhair98 said:

Won 1-0 Hirsty Scored.

Yep, was on Boxing Day iirc, certainly around Christmas.  We were on that weirdly tiny terrace they had behind the goal and Hirsty scored the winner at our end. Scenes. 

Used to like playing at Everton around Christmas,  recall 4-0 and 4-1 wins there in the early to mid 90s.

28 minutes ago, Onge said:

Selhurst Park. As it's my local ground I've been there more then any other away ground. Nearly always ends in defeat. Away stand is horrible as well.

Same with me. Seen Wednesday play more games there than anywhere, I think. Saw us beat Charlton there in 1990 and Palace (finally) in 2007.

15 minutes ago, punkskaphil said:

Same with me. Seen Wednesday play more games there than anywhere, I think. Saw us beat Charlton there in 1990 and Palace (finally) in 2007.

Charlton was before my time, but my first ever Wednesday game was against Wimbledon in 94 - we won 1-0. Bar that win in 2007, haven't seen another win there...

Middlesborough for me both Ayresome Park and the Riverside. Been 3 times:

73/74 lost 8-0

83/84 lost 2-0 (season we went up under Wilko and Boro' did the double over us despite fighting relegation all season)

96/97 lost 4-2

If I ever go back there again I need my head looking at!

Been to Pride Park just once. We won 2-0!

1 hour ago, Utah Owl said:

Middlesborough for me both Ayresome Park and the Riverside. Been 3 times:

73/74 lost 8-0

83/84 lost 2-0 (season we went up under Wilko and Boro' did the double over us despite fighting relegation all season)

96/97 lost 4-2

If I ever go back there again I need my head looking at!

Been to Pride Park just once. We won 2-0!

Quite contrary to that for me, ayresome park 3 times, 2 wins in league, and I think a draw in league cup and Riverside once, a draw but 1st time we scored there and 1st time we didn't lose there. Think I have got lucky up there, same with Reading only been once and it was our 2-0 win, usually get nothing down there either.

as to highbury for me .... 1st went in the 60s and was there the night they relegated us 30 odd year later and not one fecking victory in all that time. always used to say one day i'll see us win here but I never did  ....still my favourite away ground though ,the place had an aura about it  from the station bearing its name to the peanut sellers and the deco marble frontage..... great stadium

5 minutes ago, torryowl said:

as to highbury for me .... 1st went in the 60s and was there the night they relegated us 30 odd year later and not one fecking victory in all that time. always used to say one day i'll see us win here but I never did  ....still my favourite away ground though ,the place had an aura about it  from the station bearing its name to the peanut sellers and the deco marble frontage..... great stadium

Remember going there in 86 or 87. Were much the better side for 90 minutes and came a way with a hard fought 1-0...................................defeat!