Time to declare

8 minutes ago, Cheshowl said:

There's a few like this with palmer. When was the last time he had a shocker? His crossing ability is crap but as a defender he's solid. I think because he didn't come in for millions of pounds people just say he's bobbar and refuse to change their minds. He's far from our weakest player.

True, the abuse that he was getting from this neanderthal sat behind me at Preston beggared belief. I can only assume that he'd slept with his wife or run his kid over.

11 minutes ago, Cheshowl said:

There's a few like this with palmer. When was the last time he had a shocker? His crossing ability is crap but as a defender he's solid. I think because he didn't come in for millions of pounds people just say he's bobbar and refuse to change their minds. He's far from our weakest player.

Completely agree. 

There's some right drivel spouted about Palmer on here and other sites. 

The lad won POTY not so long ago and from what I've seen has been actually one of our better performers this season. 

The lack of tolerance and frankly respect shown to a lad who a) came through our own system and b) is a fan of the club is quite staggering at times. 

Edited by SiJ

1 hour ago, Big Ron's Sovereign said:

Reading through posts, it's obvious some are making up stuff to justify against a player. It seems that some posters are against certain players whether they do well or not.

How many are willing to state they just don't like player "X" regardless of what he does?

I used to like Forestieri, I Don't anymore. 

Is this a problem ? 

6 minutes ago, 442 said:

I don't like Adam Reach. I mean I REALLY dislike him as a player. 

He's done nothing to justify a £5/7 million transfer. One last minute equaliser doesn't justify this. 

He cant cross, slows up play frequently, it's like he's the same mould as stevie may, he's scared to use his laces to strike the ball and the few times he's tried, it's sliced. 

Rubbish so far. 

I don't have a problem with Reach, he looks fine, not the finished article but he has ability. Some people are fixated on the price tag, nothing to do with me or any of the fans. DC and/or CC decided they wanted him and agreed he was worth that figure to them at that time, they are happy.

As far as slowing up the game, he's not the only one. The last few games most players have checked back and passed backwards, it's so prevalent it makes me wonder if it is CC that has instructed them to do this.

If you don't like Reach that's fine, we are all entitled to our opinions.

Just now, parkerowl said:

I used to like Forestieri, I Don't anymore. 

Is this a problem ? 

Depends how far you take it.

Do you moan and gripe whilst he's playing for your team? Do you change your mind when he scores and earns points for the team you support?

If you're on here I presume you are older than 12. Just a suggestion but maybe you should get over the issue (the lad has apologised and committed his future until 2020)

There are players who I don't particularly rate - Hunt and Joao probably the stand outs. 

I might vent some frustration if they wee wee tail up when I'm watching "ffs Joao" or whatever, but I'd never actively boo a player who is playing for the club and putting their all in. 

Even talented players like Bannan do my nut in at times (personally believe that Bazza, at times, thinks he's better than he actually is), but I appreciate his quality and his efforts. 

Admittedly Darren Potter upset me so much once (in that game against Palace) that I lost my sh*t and called him every name under the sun. It got so bad that I think some of the people near me actively tried to move. 

22 minutes ago, SiJ said:

There are players who I don't particularly rate - Hunt and Joao probably the stand outs. 

I might vent some frustration if they wee wee tail up when I'm watching "ffs Joao" or whatever, but I'd never actively boo a player who is playing for the club and putting their all in. 

Even talented players like Bannan do my nut in at times (personally believe that Bazza, at times, thinks he's better than he actually is), but I appreciate his quality and his efforts. 

Admittedly Darren Potter upset me so much once (in that game against Palace) that I lost my sh*t and called him every name under the sun. It got so bad that I think some of the people near me actively tried to move. 

Don't think anyone can honestly say Darren Potter hasn't made them lose their sh*t at least once.

lol

2 hours ago, Big Ron's Sovereign said:

I would love it if he did but it aint gonna happen. Seen many a post against AN but from what I can see nobody dislikes him/ wants him to fail, they just don't see that he's good enough. 

so who do you think some fans want to fail despite them being good enough?

I can't say that about the current crop.

But I will admit that there have been times I just haven't liked a player. Step forward Adam Proudlock

I Never booed him. Never moaned about him (least not in the ground. Though quite a lot in the car on the way home.

Everything about him I took against.  It's not just that I didn't like him as a player , as to be fair, there was the odd moment (and they were odd moments) when he'd do something good.

But from the first moment, I couldn't help myself, I just took against him .

The hair. That silly hair really annoyed me. As did the flashy white boots.

Peacock behaviour. 

I can't really stand that generally, to be honest.

I cheered his goals of course. The few that there were. And encouraged when he got in good posititions.

But I never really could stand the lad. Even though I didn't know him!

I built up a charachter of him in my head merely based on his flash image and -in my eyes- slack work ethic!

Just now, Ellis Rimmer said:

so who do you think some fans want to fail despite them being good enough?

Forestieri gets way too much abuse. As does Westwood, Lees, Bannan, etc. Could name any player in the squad, even Carlos and DC. A lot of it is completely unjustified and they come across like a spoilt child. Not all on here I admit but seen it in stands/ pubs/ social media, which is why I ask the question if there's something more in it.

I hear a lot of folk with opinions that I just have to shake my head at. Makes me wonder why they bother supporting us if they're so vitriolic against aspects of the club.

We win a game and we're  the best in the land, nobody to fear etc. We then draw and the dummy is gone

Just now, Big Ron's Sovereign said:

Forestieri gets way too much abuse. As does Westwood, Lees, Bannan, etc. Could name any player in the squad, even Carlos and DC. A lot of it is completely unjustified and they come across like a spoilt child. Not all on here I admit but seen it in stands/ pubs/ social media, which is why I ask the question if there's something more in it.

I hear a lot of folk with opinions that I just have to shake my head at. Makes me wonder why they bother supporting us if they're so vitriolic against aspects of the club.

We win a game and we're  the best in the land, nobody to fear etc. We then draw and the dummy is gone

some people just like to sound off. I don't think they actually want these players to play worse

Think a lot of people like sounding off and being clever.

Also with social media it has given more of a platform for people to air there views then in the past, football is also bigger then its ever been.

Add into this player wages then people are less forgiving these days.

Find myself thinking when Fletcher does something '£40k per week for that' or Adam Reach '£5m for him!' many people and I confess I am amongst them find it hard to see past how much money the players are on these days.

2 hours ago, Big Ron's Sovereign said:

Depends how far you take it.

Do you moan and gripe whilst he's playing for your team? Do you change your mind when he scores and earns points for the team you support?

If you're on here I presume you are older than 12. Just a suggestion but maybe you should get over the issue (the lad has apologised and committed his future until 2020)

No I give my Dad the odd nudge n say 'he'd have ran for that last season' or something similar but booing players is counter productive. I want Wednesday to do well. I just don't like what he did that's all. Can't see why it's a problem to some.