Sam Winnall Signs - OFFICIAL

I don't see Hourihane coming, I don't see how he would fit into the team with Bannan in there. Winnall is OK but can be lazy and again I don't see him coming to be possibly 3rd or 4th choice. One thing though, our lass says she's leaving me if we sign either so fingers crossed! lol

36 minutes ago, Milan Missing Marble said:

Wonder if we could pinch Winnall and Hourihane from them? They seem to have an understanding, almost like what Sheridan and Hirst had. Hourihane would be good replacement for Lee, would add some more solidity, creativity and goals, whilst Winnall is in form and looks a genuine bargain. If possible I'd try and get both of them in, would be smart business like @studentowl suggested.

Isn't Hourihane all left foot? He's a cracking player, I agree, but perhaps not as a direct replacement for Lee

14 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Again, its difficult to disagree with most of that. However, even allowing for Joao currently looking like Bambi on ice, if you said to me, who do you think will go the furthest, Lucas Joao, or Sam Winnall, my money would be on Joao

Probably yeah, internationally, but in England I'd currently say Winnall.

12 minutes ago, Milan Missing Marble said:

Wonder if we could pinch Winnall and Hourihane from them? They seem to have an understanding, almost like what Sheridan and Hirst had. Hourihane would be good replacement for Lee, would add some more solidity, creativity and goals, whilst Winnall is in form and looks a genuine bargain. If possible I'd try and get both of them in, would be smart business like @studentowl suggested.

Hourihane is very good, but he'd be competing with hutch and jones for the deeper role. We need someone who likes to run around a lot!

19 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Apparently he only has 6 months left on his current deal?

Barnsley in a difficult position. 

Imagine they will have to bite the bullet and take what they can get for him now in Jan. 

Apparently their owner says they don't need to sell, but he's not kidding anyone 

16 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Again, its difficult to disagree with most of that. However, even allowing for Joao currently looking like Bambi on ice, if you said to me, who do you think will go the furthest, Lucas Joao, or Sam Winnall, my money would be on Joao

i don't think Joao will get to where winnall is now - never mind where winnall could end up.

winnall has been a regular goalscorer for years - most recently at championship level. Joao is nowhere near that.

2 minutes ago, S_W_F_C said:

We one if not two more players on our books that will never kick a ball, to add to the rest.

I don't like to see all the money wasted, yep it's not mine, but is still the clubs that I support 

Fair enough, my view is sign the better players now whilst they are available then offload surplus players at the end of the season (if they can't be moved on in this window).  Before our season ticket prices rise again to cover Joao and Nuhiu's wages 

:duntmatter:

22 minutes ago, S_W_F_C said:

We really need to ship out Dave and Joao before bringing another striker in 

Joao on loan, potential maybe there, Dave permanent as simply not good enough 

I wouldn't bank on us being able to shift either by the end of the window, so for me you've got to go for your targets asap.

Getting rid of either would just be an added bonus.

38 minutes ago, ka58 said:

i don't think Joao will get to where winnall is now - never mind where winnall could end up.

winnall has been a regular goalscorer for years - most recently at championship level. Joao is nowhere near that.

Joao is not the same type of player as Sam Winnall. Winnall is more like Hooper, though of course, nowhere near as good

1 minute ago, gurujuan said:

Joao is not the same type of player as Sam Winnall. Winnall is more like Hooper, though of course, nowhere near as good

I agree theyre different players but Winnall is more effective.

winnall is very good in the air also. Which could mean both him and hooper could play in same side.

39 minutes ago, ka58 said:

I agree theyre different players but Winnall is more effective.

winnall is very good in the air also. Which could mean both him and hooper could play in same side.

He reminds me of ALF, and I'm wary of those type of players, though most on here would have snapped ALF up back then Might be misjudging his talent, and I'm not totally opposed to signing him, especially if the £500,000 figure is correct