Sam Winnall Signs - OFFICIAL

58 minutes ago, Pacifier said:

Rhodes wouldn't bother coming if it meant sitting on the bench, so it'd be 2 of either Winnall, Hooper or Fletcher on there I'd imagine. Would seem very harsh on Hooper too. 

Well, we do have rather a lot of strikers. The problem is that they don't score many goals. Personally, I don't see Rhodes coming here anyway, so it's a problem which will probably never arise.

Happy with Winnall. Good age, has some great attributes and bang in form. Hourihane's the one out of the 2 I'd really like to see us get though. Looks like he's got the lot.

Incidentally I was talking to a pig fan yesterday who said Hourihane's decent, but he'd much rather have John Fleck. Apparently Fleck's as good as any championship midfielder 

:tango:

33 minutes ago, domSWFC said:

It honestly wouldn't surprise me if Winnall was part of a front three. 

I'd love to see us be able to line up like this:

---------------- Westwood ---------------

Palmer - Lees - Loovens - Reach

---- Hourihane - Hutch - Abdi ----

Macca ----- Winnall ----- Forestieri 

I quite like that. I think giving Reach a consitent run at LB would see us get the best out of him. Bannan and Abdi would make the inside left position work quite nicely between them i  think. Winnall and Hooper to fight it out for the top spot would be interesting. 

Just now, Wednesday_Jack said:

I quite like that. I think giving Reach a consitent run at LB would see us get the best out of him. Bannan and Abdi would make the inside left position work quite nicely between them i  think. Winnall and Hooper to fight it out for the top spot would be interesting. 

Reach is not a left back. Gets exposed every game there.

1 minute ago, IstillhateSteveBould said:

Happy with Winnall. Good age, has some great attributes and bang in form. Hourihane's the one out of the 2 I'd really like to see us get though. Looks like he's got the lot.

Incidentally I was talking to a pig fan yesterday who said Hourihane's decent, but he'd much rather have John Fleck. Apparently Fleck's as good as any championship midfielder 

The last time they saw the championship was 7 years ago though so it's an uneducated opinion.

2 minutes ago, IstillhateSteveBould said:

Pigs believe all their players are better than anyone else's 

5 minutes ago, IstillhateSteveBould said:

He's not even the best midfielder in the pub league, hell Jay Spearing and Josh Vela are leagues ahead of him

43 minutes ago, domSWFC said:

It honestly wouldn't surprise me if Winnall was part of a front three. 

I'd love to see us be able to line up like this:

---------------- Westwood ---------------

Palmer - Lees - Loovens - Reach

---- Hourihane - Hutch - Abdi ----

Macca ----- Winnall ----- Forestieri 

Like that line up tho not sure if Fox should be the left back. And I would have them in the below formation. But whichever works best is fine with me!

----------- Westwood ---------------

Palmer - Lees - Loovens - Fox

--------Hutch - Hourihane -----------

Macca ----- Abdi ----- Forestieri 

-------------Winnall---------------

Edit: I'm putting Fox at left back 

Edited by Southie_Owl