Sam Winnall Signs - OFFICIAL

For the sake of our massive wage bill I'm starting to hope we steer clear of Rhodes. It must be eyewatering. Given that we appear to be throwing big wages around i hope we are as careful as we say we are re FFP.

But assuming we "stay inside the rules" we also need to be wary of making too many signings. If we got Hourihane i think that should be it.

I wonder what the final offer to Barnsley was that Howson mentioned in his article.

3 minutes ago, Pacifier said:

Rhodes wouldn't bother coming if it meant sitting on the bench, so it'd be 2 of either Winnall, Hooper or Fletcher on there I'd imagine. Would seem very harsh on Hooper too. 

Or all three if it's Rhodes and Nando...

How times have changed.

3 minutes ago, Lewis said:

Or all three if it's Rhodes and Nando...

How times have changed.

Hopefully this means Forestieri is on the left now, think he's much better there. Only issue is left back then, because I think Reach is a lot better on the left side of midfield than defence. 

38 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

I was wondering if Hourihane would be a ready made replacement for Lee. I'm not sure he does the same job in terms of covering ground and closing down but he does seem to arrive late in the box and make the runs beyond the striker that we have been missing.

Agree......Hourihane as completely different player to Lee...I would compare him more to Bannan!

I think quite a few of Hourihane's goals are set pieces and long range efforts. Something we seem to lack at the moment.

Carlos referred to missing Lee "running between the lines" post-PNE. I think that's a large part of the reason we've been struggling to move the ball forwads through the middle. Hutch and Bannan are too deep and don't burst forward past the opposition's midfield. Don't know enough about Hourihane to tell if he'd fix this. 

Is Winnall a Hooper style off the shoulder poacher? I don't know much about him. 

Edited by Random Task

3 minutes ago, Random Task said:

Carlos referred to missing Lee "running between the lines" post-PNE. I think that's a large part of the reason we've been struggling to move the ball forwads through the middle. Hutch and Bannan are too deep and don't burst forward past the opposition's midfield. Don't know enough about Hourihane to tell if he'd fix this. 

Is Winnall a Hooper style off the shoulder poacher? I don't know much about him. 

Bit more physical I think 

Guest domSWFC
6 minutes ago, Random Task said:

More comparable to someone like Deeney I'd say but not as quick. Powerfully in the air, but got good feet too. 

With Winnall being good in the air, think it might be Fletcher who's place is under threat, rather than Hooper, though I'd  imagine CC will integrate Winnall gradually.

Hopefully we'll see FF on the left now, and with Macca on the right, that's some forward line...