Sam Winnall Signs - OFFICIAL

4 minutes ago, prowl said:

Of course there was one 30 years ago who turned out well but this is a Barnsley side just promoted from the pub league and we are nearly 2 years into our mega money assault on the premiere league.

Don't get me wrong if these 2 sign from Barnsley they will get my full support. That's not my point,  if we were signing a couple of Brighton players or a couple from a premiere league players I could understand it but 36 pages on Owlstalk about a couple of Barnsley players.

Barnsley are doing ok this year good luck to them. I've nothing against them but we should be shopping at Harrods not Lidl if we are serious about promotion.

You shop wherever they have the goods.

5 minutes ago, prowl said:

. I've nothing against them but we should be shopping at Harrods not Lidl if we are serious about promotion.

So we should be just blowing huge sums of money then for the sake of it? 

Nonsense. 

Just now, Groundhopping Owl said:

Let's blow £10 million on Rhodes instead of less than half of that on Winnall and Hourihane just because Rhodes plays for a PL side.

Exactly. 

Such an odd mentality. 

Some fans are seemingly only happy if the club is splashing out huge sums in terms of transfer fees. 

As I pointed out earlier: many of our key players were signed on free or nominal fees. 

6 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Exactly. 

Such an odd mentality. 

Some fans are seemingly only happy if the club is splashing out huge sums in terms of transfer fees. 

As I pointed out earlier: many of our key players were signed on free or nominal fees. 

I think big price tag puts a lot of pressure on some players.

You want to go out there and just play not be saddled by am I worth 15m quid thoughts.

Some players are beat before they've even started with a new club.

7 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Exactly. 

Such an odd mentality. 

Very true

Just now, peterbottom14 said:

I think big price tag puts a lot of pressure on some players.

You want to go out there and just play not be saddled by am I worth 15m quid thoughts.

Some players are beat before they've even started with a new club.

Look at Adam Reach. 

Every time he has an indifferent game all we hear about is the 5 million we are meant to have spent on him. 

2 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Exactly. 

Such an odd mentality. 

No I'm not against a bargain, I'm not even against these 2 players in particular. I'm commenting about Owlstalkers wetting their shorts about 2 half decent players.

I thought we had moved on. Set our sights a bit higher. This is so Milan Mandaric.

1 minute ago, prowl said:

No I'm not against a bargain, I'm not even against these 2 players in particular. I'm commenting about Owlstalkers wetting their shorts about 2 half decent players.

I thought we had moved on. Set our sights a bit higher. This is so Milan Mandaric.

It's a new signing (potentially). 

They'll always be a daft amount of pages. 

A lot of those key players were signed during the Mandaric era btw. 

1 minute ago, prowl said:

We're signing a player that has scored more than a third of the goals we as an entire team has managed this season

We're potentially signing a midfielder who has got nearly half the number of assists as we as a team have managed goals during this season

If these lads played in white and black stripes you'd be frothing at the thought we were going to sign these guys. Don't look where they're from, look at that they've accomplished in the Championship this season

Just now, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

Rhodes is a little bit like Alan Clarke, did very little other than score 25 or 30 goals a season lol. Problem is who would play the part of Mick Jones for Rhodes. BIt risky IMO

You shouldn't come out with names like that, nobody apart from us dinosaurs will know who they are.