s6 owl

Sam Winnall Signs - OFFICIAL

Rate this topic

1,508 posts in this topic

20 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

He clearly gets things close to being right so he must get decent info from his sources but he never has things bang on the money. He never completely calls things. Some of his stories seem like 60% truth and 40% guesswork to make it into a newsworthy article. Having said that he clearly has some sort of knowledge.

What I find is he'll often tweet who a club is interested in and often be right, but then he's not always of much use when fans want to find out how close a deal is to being done.

We snapped Hirsty up as an 18 years old.    This guy's from Wolverhampton, aged 25 and wasn't snapped up by a big team - no he was playing for Burton, Hereford and Inverness. Hardly a similar comparison.

49 minutes ago, S_W_F_C said:

This is completely out of order. Winnall gets a 35 page (and counting thread) yet poor Conor gets no thread at all.

Whose gonna start it?

He's already had one about a week ago if you scroll down a few pages.

Prayer time at church in Barnsley would have been very busy this week.  They love Winnal and hate Wesnesday..they need reminding how it worked out for Hirst.

12 minutes ago, S_W_F_C said:

If he signs do we celebrate Winnall or cry that Rhodes won't be coming (nobody is allowed to suggest we will be having both)

At 500k he's probably worth the risk, it's not as if he's costing 12m. Rhodes Liam fees would be worth more than 500k probably. 

His career scoring record isn't bad 

1 hour ago, BarnsleyOwl96 said:

Nixon called fox and mcmanaman so is pretty good to call many transfers 

Like Alex Lopez lol

5 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Yeah, when have we ever signed a decent player from bloody Barnsley, eh!?

:duntmatter:

Of course there was one 30 years ago who turned out well but this is a Barnsley side just promoted from the pub league and we are nearly 2 years into our mega money assault on the premiere league.

Don't get me wrong if these 2 sign from Barnsley they will get my full support. That's not my point,  if we were signing a couple of Brighton players or a couple from a premiere league players I could understand it but 36 pages on Owlstalk about a couple of Barnsley players.

Barnsley are doing ok this year good luck to them. I've nothing against them but we should be shopping at Harrods not Lidl if we are serious about promotion.

2 minutes ago, BarnsleyOwl96 said:

Suppose he can't get any wrong ...

Only joking mate lol

Just now, prowl said:

Of course there was one 30 years ago who turned out well but this is a Barnsley side just promoted from the pub league and we are nearly 2 years into our mega money assault on the premiere league.

Don't get me wrong if these 2 sign from Barnsley they will get my full support. That's not my point,  if we were signing a couple of Brighton players or a couple from a premiere league players I could understand it but 36 pages on Owlstalk about a couple of Barnsley players.

Barnsley are doing ok this year good luck to them. I've nothing against them but we should be shopping at Harrods not Lidl if we are serious about promotion.

Where a player comes from makes no difference if they're good enough. And if we can sign good players at low cost due to them coming from 'lesser' clubs...even better!

Kieran Lee came from Oldham Athletic, and he's one of our best players.

4 minutes ago, prowl said:

You shop wherever they have the goods.

5 minutes ago, prowl said:

. I've nothing against them but we should be shopping at Harrods not Lidl if we are serious about promotion.

So we should be just blowing huge sums of money then for the sake of it? 

Nonsense. 

Let's blow £10 million on Rhodes instead of less than half of that on Winnall and Hourihane just because Rhodes plays for a PL side.

Just now, Groundhopping Owl said:

Let's blow £10 million on Rhodes instead of less than half of that on Winnall and Hourihane just because Rhodes plays for a PL side.

Exactly. 

Such an odd mentality. 

Some fans are seemingly only happy if the club is splashing out huge sums in terms of transfer fees. 

As I pointed out earlier: many of our key players were signed on free or nominal fees. 

6 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Exactly. 

Such an odd mentality. 

Some fans are seemingly only happy if the club is splashing out huge sums in terms of transfer fees. 

As I pointed out earlier: many of our key players were signed on free or nominal fees. 

I think big price tag puts a lot of pressure on some players.

You want to go out there and just play not be saddled by am I worth 15m quid thoughts.

Some players are beat before they've even started with a new club.

7 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Exactly. 

Such an odd mentality. 

Very true

Just now, peterbottom14 said:

I think big price tag puts a lot of pressure on some players.

You want to go out there and just play not be saddled by am I worth 15m quid thoughts.

Some players are beat before they've even started with a new club.

Look at Adam Reach. 

Every time he has an indifferent game all we hear about is the 5 million we are meant to have spent on him. 

Just now, SiJ said:

Look at Adam Reach. 

Every time he has an indifferent game all we hear about is the 5 million we are meant to have spent on him. 

That really does my head in.

2 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Exactly. 

Such an odd mentality. 

No I'm not against a bargain, I'm not even against these 2 players in particular. I'm commenting about Owlstalkers wetting their shorts about 2 half decent players.

I thought we had moved on. Set our sights a bit higher. This is so Milan Mandaric.