s6 owl

Sam Winnall Signs - OFFICIAL

Rate this topic

1,539 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, darklord said:

No ones signed. Probably wont sign today. COme back tomorrow and if a thread says officials its a bonus

To be fair we often only announce signings the day after they've signed anyway. In the summer I'm pretty sure we held back a few days before announcing signings had been completed. 

5 minutes ago, Groundhopping Owl said:

There is a bit of an irrational hatred Nixon on here. I appreciate the guy can be arsey, he comes across very obnoxious when he goes on about "fuds" on his Twitter feed etc. but he is on the money a lot of the time. He's already correctly called Nugent joining Derby this window, not every move clubs want to make come off, hence why the things he reports don't always come off. Remember after we sacked Gray, we were all calling for big names like Allardyce or Jokanovic, but Nixon was the one to warn us the incoming manager would be out of left field - and along came Carlos. That doesn't mean he's right 100% of the time either, I remember when he signed Lopez he was still telling us there was a hitch with the transfer just as the club announced he'd signed.

He clearly gets things close to being right so he must get decent info from his sources but he never has things bang on the money. He never completely calls things. Some of his stories seem like 60% truth and 40% guesswork to make it into a newsworthy article. Having said that he clearly has some sort of knowledge.

On 1/10/2017 at 15:52, Owling said:

love it to be a double deal with Hourihane coming as well.

Have we got enough room on the bench for them though? That's the question 

Just now, poite said:

Have we got enough room on the bench for them though? That's the question 

Joao and Dave are keeping their places warm currently

6 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

He clearly gets things close to being right so he must get decent info from his sources but he never has things bang on the money. He never completely calls things. Some of his stories seem like 60% truth and 40% guesswork to make it into a newsworthy article. Having said that he clearly has some sort of knowledge.

He tweets what he's been told.

I don't follow what he breaks on other teams, but with Wednesday I recall most of them being spot on.

2 minutes ago, poite said:

Jonathan Buchan from radio Sheffield confirmed we wanted him today. 

Which one?

As far as I'm aware, Winnall is a done deal. 

On the other hand, I've not been told anything personally about Hourihane. Seen a lot shared on Twitter, but one person says something and it just gets thrown around with out there having to be any truth in it. So that one, I hope it's true, but I'm yet to see any reliable sources. But if someone on here knows something I don't, I'd love to hear it. 

I can't quite believe we are getting excited about the potential signing of a couple of Barnsley players.

Just now, prowl said:

I can't quite believe we are getting excited about the potential signing of a couple of Barnsley players.

Just my thought. Is this guy instead of Rhodes then?

6 minutes ago, domSWFC said:

As far as I'm aware, Winnall is a done deal. 

On the other hand, I've not been told anything personally about Hourihane. Seen a lot shared on Twitter, but one person says something and it just gets thrown around with out there having to be any truth in it. So that one, I hope it's true, but I'm yet to see any reliable sources. But if someone on here knows something I don't, I'd love to hear it. 

The same Barnsley fan that stated and then PM'd evidence that Winnall was having negotiations with us yesterday stated today that Hourihane was also doing the same. He seems a reputable poster on that forum and is pretty intent that these rumours are correct. He clearly has some sort of info or he wouldn't be going about it in the tone he is. 

Edited by TheEnchanter

1 minute ago, prowl said:

I'm not too wised up on Wednesday history, but didn't we sign some dude from Barnsley that had a decent left foot or something?

If he signs do we celebrate Winnall or cry that Rhodes won't be coming (nobody is allowed to suggest we will be having both)

1 minute ago, S_W_F_C said:

If he signs do we celebrate Winnall or cry that Rhodes won't be coming (nobody is allowed to suggest we will be having both)

I think we take a sensible view on it. 

500k (if true) for an in-form striker, who a number of clubs want, is a good piece of business. 

He'll be on far less than someone like Jordan Rhodes would be. 

Don't forget your recent concerns over FFP. 

20 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

What I find is he'll often tweet who a club is interested in and often be right, but then he's not always of much use when fans want to find out how close a deal is to being done.

We snapped Hirsty up as an 18 years old.    This guy's from Wolverhampton, aged 25 and wasn't snapped up by a big team - no he was playing for Burton, Hereford and Inverness. Hardly a similar comparison.