Sam Winnall Signs - OFFICIAL

Guest domSWFC

As far as I'm aware, Winnall is a done deal. 

On the other hand, I've not been told anything personally about Hourihane. Seen a lot shared on Twitter, but one person says something and it just gets thrown around with out there having to be any truth in it. So that one, I hope it's true, but I'm yet to see any reliable sources. But if someone on here knows something I don't, I'd love to hear it. 

6 minutes ago, domSWFC said:

As far as I'm aware, Winnall is a done deal. 

On the other hand, I've not been told anything personally about Hourihane. Seen a lot shared on Twitter, but one person says something and it just gets thrown around with out there having to be any truth in it. So that one, I hope it's true, but I'm yet to see any reliable sources. But if someone on here knows something I don't, I'd love to hear it. 

The same Barnsley fan that stated and then PM'd evidence that Winnall was having negotiations with us yesterday stated today that Hourihane was also doing the same. He seems a reputable poster on that forum and is pretty intent that these rumours are correct. He clearly has some sort of info or he wouldn't be going about it in the tone he is. 

Edited by TheEnchanter

1 minute ago, S_W_F_C said:

If he signs do we celebrate Winnall or cry that Rhodes won't be coming (nobody is allowed to suggest we will be having both)

I think we take a sensible view on it. 

500k (if true) for an in-form striker, who a number of clubs want, is a good piece of business. 

He'll be on far less than someone like Jordan Rhodes would be. 

Don't forget your recent concerns over FFP. 

20 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

He clearly gets things close to being right so he must get decent info from his sources but he never has things bang on the money. He never completely calls things. Some of his stories seem like 60% truth and 40% guesswork to make it into a newsworthy article. Having said that he clearly has some sort of knowledge.

What I find is he'll often tweet who a club is interested in and often be right, but then he's not always of much use when fans want to find out how close a deal is to being done.

49 minutes ago, S_W_F_C said:

This is completely out of order. Winnall gets a 35 page (and counting thread) yet poor Conor gets no thread at all.

Whose gonna start it?

He's already had one about a week ago if you scroll down a few pages.

12 minutes ago, S_W_F_C said:

If he signs do we celebrate Winnall or cry that Rhodes won't be coming (nobody is allowed to suggest we will be having both)

At 500k he's probably worth the risk, it's not as if he's costing 12m. Rhodes Liam fees would be worth more than 500k probably. 

His career scoring record isn't bad 

5 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Yeah, when have we ever signed a decent player from bloody Barnsley, eh!?

:duntmatter:

Of course there was one 30 years ago who turned out well but this is a Barnsley side just promoted from the pub league and we are nearly 2 years into our mega money assault on the premiere league.

Don't get me wrong if these 2 sign from Barnsley they will get my full support. That's not my point,  if we were signing a couple of Brighton players or a couple from a premiere league players I could understand it but 36 pages on Owlstalk about a couple of Barnsley players.

Barnsley are doing ok this year good luck to them. I've nothing against them but we should be shopping at Harrods not Lidl if we are serious about promotion.

Just now, prowl said:

Of course there was one 30 years ago who turned out well but this is a Barnsley side just promoted from the pub league and we are nearly 2 years into our mega money assault on the premiere league.

Don't get me wrong if these 2 sign from Barnsley they will get my full support. That's not my point,  if we were signing a couple of Brighton players or a couple from a premiere league players I could understand it but 36 pages on Owlstalk about a couple of Barnsley players.

Barnsley are doing ok this year good luck to them. I've nothing against them but we should be shopping at Harrods not Lidl if we are serious about promotion.

Where a player comes from makes no difference if they're good enough. And if we can sign good players at low cost due to them coming from 'lesser' clubs...even better!

Kieran Lee came from Oldham Athletic, and he's one of our best players.