Sam Winnall Signs - OFFICIAL

32 minutes ago, domSWFC said:

Imagine the meltdown on the Barnsley forums if we did a double announcement of Winnall and Hourihane.

Luckily, if they went on a rampage and trashed the TOWN you wouldn't be able to tell.

It was cause massive improvements. 

5 minutes ago, Pacifier said:

Be a lot happier seeing us buy Winnall and Hourihane rather than £7m+ on Rhodes, be great business that.

Rhodes 12 million

or

Winnall 500k

Hourahane reported they want 4 mil for him

Ward 2 mil

Plus we could probably pay these 3 combined what rhodes is supposed to be on per week

6.5mill estimate for 3 players i think we all know what is smarter business here

Edited by stocksyuto

With Winnall, I see a little Ryan Lowe in him. A player full of confidence in the form of his life who we can pick up cheap, and mostly bring off the bench for plan b.

Just a shame for 2 summers in the row kind of, we've made the wrong acquisitions and are having to buy again later in the season.

Guest domSWFC
Just now, TomBee said:

With Winnall, I see a little Ryan Lowe in him. A player full of confidence in the form of his life who we can pick up cheap, and mostly bring off the bench for plan b.

Just a shame for 2 summers in the row kind of, we've made the wrong acquisitions and are having to buy again later in the season.

No player in the form of their life, wants to come and sit on the bench. He'll come in as a first teamer. Can see Flethcher been the one that makes way.

1 minute ago, domSWFC said:

No player in the form of their life, wants to come and sit on the bench. He'll come in as a first teamer. Can see Flethcher been the one that makes way.

Whilst I'm unsure Fletch would make way long term I certainly agree that the quickest way to ruin a player in form is to sit him on the bench. 

Maybe some actual competition will be good though, how often have 3 or 4 of our strikers been fit at the same time? 

Guest wilyfox
1 minute ago, Saxondale said:

*Medical Klaxon*

He's had one and I've been told he's signed already.

Late to the party, Dr.Sax. Too busy flirting with nurses again? 

7 minutes ago, BIG D said:

Alan Nixon‏@reluctantnicko 

Sheff Wed and Barnsley haggling over add ons in Winnall move. Wages on offer at Owls means they are clear favourites in any race.

Basically when we get promoted they want more moolah :biggrin:

3 minutes ago, TomBee said:

I don't think there's anything wrong with that. 

By the nature of our place in the table, everybody in the top half will probably shake their own pack a little this month in order to get themselves over the line between now and May. Everyone currently in the top 6 wants the players to help them stay there, the chasing pack want the players they need to get them into it.

Except, apparently, Barnsley who seem content to flog their best players to us.

38 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

Fair point, but I still see it as an expensive gamble. Expiring contracts should affect valuations significantly - but we're not seeing that at the moment, which is unusual. Hourihane, Lansbury, Marshall...the prices on their heads look too strong, for me. 

I do see your point about prices however it's rare that in form players come up like this without a move already in the pipeline.

11 minutes ago, Woodie said:

Westwood and Dawson just followed Hourihane. Yes I know Westwood is Irish and so is he but it's only just happened make what you will? 

Didn't one of our players start following Winnall, yesterday?

I call  shenanigans lol