Sam Winnall Signs - OFFICIAL

Just now, dawkeye said:

Soz dad

lol

I only reply like that because every January window for the last two years there have been people saying we can approach x or y with 6 months left, and every year I say "No you can't" and the myth carries on with people doubting me or just repeating it a few days later. This is my attempt at nipping it in the bud, for my sins :ph34r::biggrin:

8 minutes ago, Athelwulf said:

Jonathan "marching on together" Buchan claims that Norwich are in the hunt for Winnall too.

Had a feeling this would happen, when you look at the leading scorers chart Winnall is pretty much the best striker that is available to get at the moment. He's fourth in the goals per minute chart with only Gayle, Murray and Wood ahead of him. All of which are playing in better teams. Tho Barnsley do create a lot of chances to be fair 

Edited by Southie_Owl

9 minutes ago, Groundhopping Owl said:

I'm surprised Norwich are in for him. Aren't they satisfied with Oliveira, who's banging them in, plus Jerome, Murphy and Lafferty?

There's probably a similiar post on the Norwich forum about us asking why aren't we satisfied with having Hooper, Fletcher, Forestieri and Joao. 

:manager:

500k seems almost robbery for him.

youve got to question the internal workings of a club who lets a player run his contract down so that the power favours buying clubs.

Surely you'd start nogotiations at the start of the season or put plans in place to sell him if he wouldn't sign,  they've left it late and now he could go for peanuts.

Just now, gurujuan said:

Still can't see what all the fuss is about really Last time there was such a clamour for such an average player, I think was the Stevie May fiasco This has the potential to go the same way

Could be spot on but 500k is a risk we could easily take that could turn out to be a master stroke.

what we know for sure is that were struggling for goals so we need to address it.

Average players will go for a lot more cash this window than we'd spend here.