Sam Winnall Signs - OFFICIAL

11 minutes ago, Not_Hemsworth-Tyke said:

Evening guys, first off there is no point signing Winnall without signing Hourihane, and that is unlikely.  

As some of you have alluded to, Winnall is a finisher, he feeds off exceptional service provided mostly by Hourihane, he rarely creates chances, and his biggest problem is picking up the ball deep, he is poor on the ball, though he is a grafter.  If you do buy him you are paying for his goals, which aren't guaranteed in my opinion.

Fortunately for us, we already have his replacement in Tom Bradshaw who i believe is the better all around player.

Personally for me, anything above 500k is acceptable considering he hasn't signed a new contract.

We do have players that can provide service though, Hourihane isn't the only assister in the league. Don't think we'll be signing him as Hooper is a similar sort of player and should be back fit soon anyway. 

1 minute ago, Bluesteel said:

Hourihane may be a good passer but we do have a few of those in the side.

Rather have someone in the mould of Danny Williams. And FFS I would love to see Abdi show us what he can do as he'd be ace but I think he's been put in the trash pile alongside McGugan... forever. 

3 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

Hourihane may be a good passer but we do have a few of those in the side.

I agree however it will probably take Winnall time to "sync" up with your players, plus your style of play is much different to ours.  

Obviously given time Winnall could be a good signing for you, but will you give him time?  And if you get promotion this season will he adapt in the premier league?  Definitely not in my opinion.

2 hours ago, gurujuan said:

I agree with all of that, and if it had been Peterborough or Rotherham chasing him, I'd have thought, that's a shrewd bit of business. Just not sure about him really, and I'm probably not alone, as he doesn't seem to have attracted any top flight interest. 

You think a player who's scored 11 goals in the championship this season would naturally be on the radar of a team bottom of that league or one in the league below? Are you talking about Winnall or have I got confused because that seems absurd.

1 minute ago, Not_Hemsworth-Tyke said:

I agree however it will probably take Winnall time to "sync" up with your players, plus your style of play is much different to ours.  

Obviously given time Winnall could be a good signing for you, but will you give him time?  And if you get promotion this season will he adapt in the premier league?  Definitely not in my opinion.

500k is peanuts if he bags us 10 goals and that gets us to the prem. We have mcmanaman and foresteiri as well as bannan and hooper who are better than Kent, hammill etc. Yes hourihane has been excellent and has contributed to many of winnalls goals but it's barely all wonderful balls which have been tap ins. Some of his headers for you have been brilliant. Birmingham and Cardiff away spring to mind, yes good balls in but we are capable. 

2 minutes ago, BarnsleyOwl96 said:

Barnsley fans eh haha loved winnall now this hemsworth tyke comes on and he's 'poor' and goals aren't guaranteed hahahahaha

It's like when Leeds fans said Lees was useless and then goes on to be our best centre back in a long time. Just proves modern football fans fickleness and bitterness.

Just now, BarnsleyOwl96 said:

500k is peanuts if he bags us 10 goals and that gets us to the prem. We have mcmanaman and foresteiri as well as bannan and hooper who are better than Kent, hammill etc. Yes hourihane has been excellent and has contributed to many of winnalls goals but it's barely all wonderful balls which have been tap ins. Some of his headers for you have been brilliant. Birmingham and Cardiff away spring to mind, yes good balls in but we are capable. 

Have you been creating plenty of chances for your forwards throughout this season? 

Joao never looks like scoring. Nuhiu's biggest asset is his size, attracting defenders to him, but he's not prolific. Fletcher's not pulled many trees up either, and Forrester's not hit the back of the net much this time. We need somebody who scores goals, who's in form, so it's a thumbs up from me if he comes. If we're prepared to blew all that cash on Abdi and Reach, then surely we can stump up £2 mil for him.

6 minutes ago, Not_Hemsworth-Tyke said:

Have you been creating plenty of chances for your forwards throughout this season? 

Yeh we just can't put them away. Can't get a partnership going between the regular injuries or suspensions between Fletcher, Hooper and FF they've hardly had more than a few games together. 

15 minutes ago, Not_Hemsworth-Tyke said:

don't worry if he helps get us to the prem  we'll sign a 10 million Italian striker and loan you winnall back .......