Mcgugan off to Bolton

29 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

I wouldn't know either way and won't pretend to like others, but plenty of clubs can handle an ego if he's putting the goals away 

We'll never know with any certainty. I'm sure we can handle the odd ego but I've a feeling this has more to do with honour.

For those saying there surprised no champ sides have been in for him: perhaps they have, but, as they are direct competitors, we'll only let him go if they pay his salary in full? A compromise with a lower league team might be acceptable to us.

Or maybe LM only wants to go somewhere that he is near guaranteed a game, baring in mind he can't be anywhere near match fitness.

Either way, as he's doing nothing for us, it's a good move to get him away.

49 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

He'd tear league one a new one. Can't believe that there is no champ interest

If champ club wants him which is doubtful they need to buy him out right, DC is not going to help out another champ club with a loan.

18 minutes ago, Big Jack said:

If champ club wants him which is doubtful they need to buy him out right, DC is not going to help out another champ club with a loan.

If they are not involved at the top end and can pay a higher proportion of wages I don't see why not. 

23 minutes ago, Tamworthowl said:

For those saying there surprised no champ sides have been in for him: perhaps they have, but, as they are direct competitors, we'll only let him go if they pay his salary in full? A compromise with a lower league team might be acceptable to us.

Or maybe LM only wants to go somewhere that he is near guaranteed a game, baring in mind he can't be anywhere near match fitness.

Either way, as he's doing nothing for us, it's a good move to get him away.

It depends which championship club really as some of them will never make the playoffs 

1 hour ago, Skyline said:

That would be an incredible signing for Bolton. 

I'm not going to get involved with the whole "He should be playing for us" argument, but he is more than good enough for most Championship teams. 

I don't think anybody questions the quality he has. Reading in between the lines from the snippets we hear the problem would appear to be his application and mental attitude.