Worldies

Personally, I don't see much difference between this season and last in terms of performances. They are similar, maybe a tad below in some cases but overall not a lot to separate them. 

However the real difference over last season is the lack of worldies. 

Not it only did they win us games, they had us believing in the quality of our players. For whatever reason they have dried up this season and I think that is the main difference. 

1 minute ago, meggoisgod said:

we sit too deep to even have a shot now, too many midfielders who dont want to run forward

Reach's equalizer at Preston came rom Bannan driving into the box with the ball an causing some panic. Definitely more of it required.

The bizarre thing about the lack of it being that we have players more than capable of doing it well.

Think we'll see plenty of it from the boy McManaman

I think we wreck a complete different team this year

last season we pressed all over

hunted in packs 

broke with pace and numbers on the counter

this year we seem to want to play the most part in our own half

we try and keep possession more

we do not press high up the pitch

the forwards have little or no support

our team as improved but our play/ tactics have not

im sure this will be said to be because of other teams being more cautious and we trying to pull them out and find the spaces

but for me it just doesn't work 

1 hour ago, fpowl said:

I think we wreck a complete different team this year

last season we pressed all over

hunted in packs 

broke with pace and numbers on the counter

this year we seem to want to play the most part in our own half

we try and keep possession more

we do not press high up the pitch

the forwards have little or no support

our team as improved but our play/ tactics have not

im sure this will be said to be because of other teams being more cautious and we trying to pull them out and find the spaces

but for me it just doesn't work 

Contender for worst poem of the year!

lol

1 minute ago, Finlux_Cup said:

Mentioned it in another thread, ".....gets his shot away", does my napper in, as does anybody who calls CSKA Moscow "sissker Moscow", go boil your head!

The ever changing pronunciation of famed Swiss club FC Basel by English commentators.... who over a ten year period have gone from "Baz-zil" to "Barzle" to "Barhl" to "Bass-ill" before the chumps eventually settled on "Baasle."

Much the same with Drogba. Who for years was 'Drogba'. But in his final few seasons became "Drog-Baaaaar"  to the microphone holding mewling pignuts!

53 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

The ever changing pronunciation of famed Swiss club FC Basel by English commentators.... who over a ten year period have gone from "Baz-zil" to "Barzle" to "Barhl" to "Bass-ill" before the chumps eventually settled on "Baasle."

Much the same with Drogba. Who for years was 'Drogba'. But in his final few seasons became "Drog-Baaaaar"  to the microphone holding mewling pignuts!

Isn't it Bahrl. 

5 hours ago, crookesowl said:

Personally, I don't see much difference between this season and last in terms of performances. They are similar, maybe a tad below in some cases but overall not a lot to separate them. 

However the real difference over last season is the lack of worldies. 

Not it only did they win us games, they had us believing in the quality of our players. For whatever reason they have dried up this season and I think that is the main difference. 

Said similar on a different thread yesterday. We seemed to have a goal of the month contender every month at least. Maybe the fact our goals seem scrappier or harder worked this season suggests from the outside that we are struggling. The football isn't as pretty and I do think we hold on to it for too long but is it really just the difference in our quality of goals?!