Keeping under the radar

Just seen something on BBC about Leeds being a top 6 in the country team. 

Not only did this make me laugh, but also made me question why no one made those sorts of sensationalist claims about us this or last season? Yes this season, as everyone on here keeps moaning about, we aren't 100% clicking but people forget we are stil up there and Franklyn il take that all season long. 

I'm happy that we are under the radar, it takes a bit of the pressure away and also partly keeps the premier league teams from our players. 

Long may may it continue 

I think there were a lot of people singing our praises last season but nobody genuinely thought we'd make it that far (outside the Owls fans). 

The claim that Weeds are a top 6 in the country side would soon be laughed off if (unlikely) they won promotion and were getting routinely walked all over by the likes of Watford and Swansea.

This has been making me laugh too. We're only 3 points behind them and we all know we've not been great. Leeds' squad isn't deep enough for me to last, especially given the tempo they're playing at. Let them think they're world beaters and watch the pressure build on them.

15 minutes ago, thoß said:

This has been making me laugh too. We're only 3 points behind them and we all know we've not been great. Leeds' squad isn't deep enough for me to last, especially given the tempo they're playing at. Let them think they're world beaters and watch the pressure build on them.

With FF signing a new contract I wouldn't be surprised if we are three points in front of them in ten games time. 

5 hours ago, Sefton owl said:

Just seen something on BBC about Leeds being a top 6 in the country team. 

Not only did this make me laugh, but also made me question why no one made those sorts of sensationalist claims about us this or last season? Yes this season, as everyone on here keeps moaning about, we aren't 100% clicking but people forget we are stil up there and Franklyn il take that all season long. 

I'm happy that we are under the radar, it takes a bit of the pressure away and also partly keeps the premier league teams from our players. 

Long may may it continue 

Franklyn lol

Predictive text at its best, almost as good as the swear filter on here at times lol 

Edited by helmut_rooster

2 hours ago, elyowl1 said:

Top six changes over time , pre Abromivich and the arabs , Chelsea and Man City would not have been regarded as so. 

Chelsea where there or there abouts before Abramovic, in fact they won 4 major trophies between 1995 and 2003 (When Abramovic arrived) the FA Cup, League Cup, UEFA Cup Winners Cup and the UEFA Super Cup. Their final league positions in that time were , 4th, 6th, 6th, 5th, 3rd, 4th, 6th (again up until 2003).

33 minutes ago, Miffed said:

Chelsea where there or there abouts before Abramovic, in fact they won 4 major trophies between 1995 and 2003 (When Abramovic arrived) the FA Cup, League Cup, UEFA Cup Winners Cup and the UEFA Super Cup. Their final league positions in that time were , 4th, 6th, 6th, 5th, 3rd, 4th, 6th (again up until 2003).

From the 90s until the advent of mega rich owners and silly money , many clubs were  of a muchness and the top 6 were not set in stone. 

As well as Chelsea teams such as Villa , Sunderland , Newcastle, Leeds West Ham and ourselves all had periods where they could argue they were top 6 material. 

With each passing year it will be harder for any of these clubs to break the monopoly sadly.

4 hours ago, OwlofOliveGrove said:

I think there were a lot of people singing our praises last season but nobody genuinely thought we'd make it that far (outside the Owls fans). 

The claim that Weeds are a top 6 in the country side would soon be laughed off if (unlikely) they won promotion and were getting routinely walked all over by the likes of Watford and Swansea.

Swansea are going down

36 minutes ago, elyowl1 said:

From the 90s until the advent of mega rich owners and silly money , many clubs were  of a muchness and the top 6 were not set in stone. 

As well as Chelsea teams such as Villa , Sunderland , Newcastle, Leeds West Ham and ourselves all had periods where they could argue they were top 6 material. 

With each passing year it will be harder for any of these clubs to break the monopoly sadly.

people keep saying its a closed shop yet now its the top 6, only 2-3 years ago it was top 4 and supposedly no one would ever break into that group. Now we have 6 and thats discounting last years league champions!

Edited by darklord