Forestieri Extended Contract

7 hours ago, StudentOwl said:

-Refuses to play once (Not that that should be belittled, terrible thing to do)

-Comes out and apologises profusely

-Says he wants to be here

-Manager says he wants to be here 

-Wife says he wants to be here

-Comes out and says he wants to be here (again)

-Signs another contract extension

-Some fans still think he doesn't want to be here lol

I reckon too many of you watch those conspiracy theory shows on the Discovery Channel. 

I can think of 40,000 reasons a week why FF wants to be here.

Great news. I suspect there has been a pay niggle for some time and this hopefully sorts it out. He is the most complete and talented player I have seen at Hillsborough in my 50 +? years of watching the Owls - he can tackle, shoot, dribble and head. What a talisman to have! Nando will crown this new deal with a match-winning performance against the Terriers this weekend. 

1 minute ago, Doctor John said:

Great news. I suspect there has been a pay niggle for some time and this hopefully sorts it out. He is the most complete and talented player I have seen at Hillsborough in my 50 +? years of watching the Owls - he can tackle, shoot, dribble and head. What a talisman to have! Nando will crown this new deal with a match-winning performance against the Terriers this weekend. 

FF is a good player but think this is a bit OTT.

1 hour ago, vulva said:

Dangerous precedent that a player who refused to play, and has been playing poorly, gets a fat new contract. 

Be be interesting to know what the rest of the team think. 

Good luck to to the lad. Must have a very smart agent. 

While it's a very valid point it had to be said the club brought this situation about too.

Hopefully lessons learned all round. 

Looking after existing assets when new players arrive is part and parcel of high end football these days. 

Whether people agree or not and whether right or wrong its the way things now are

Edited by scram

Guest Deleted member
1 hour ago, mcmigo said:

Has shown absolutely nothing on the pitch to justify this deal this season. I actually don't doubt his effort and desire but he has lost form this season and has not influenced games like he did last season. 

If he finds form again this is great news but I doubt a few extra grand will do that. We will probably see the benefit of this next season if he has a settled summer and good pre season.

apart from being the clear player of the month just before his sending off

I am slightly surprised I thought the news of FF new contract would be overwhelmingly popular on here but a sizable minority are less then enthusiastic about the news. I put myself into the minority.

Still leaves a nasty taste in my mouth refusing to play and yes I have read the 'heartfelt' apologies as much as anyone.  

Don't think he has played badly this season but not anywhere near enough to justify a new contact after the Norwich incident.

Time for him to deliver now on the pitch though, no more excuses. 

Good stuff. 

1 minute ago, TAOWL267 said:

So the one player at the club that continually let's himself, his team mates, and the fans down by his poor disciplinary record and poor attitude gets a pay rise.

He's a cheat at the end of the day. He's fooling everyone.

Bore off. 

A player who can produce a moment, a spark from nothing, in a turgid and uninspiring performance is worth his weight in gold.

That he's signed an extension should be great news to everyone, as a like for like replacement would likely be nigh on impossible to sign in the midseason window.

Excellent news. A timely positive boost in this dingy, depressing month of January 

And just in time for two huge games!

This is great news, there was a marked upturn in his form when Carlos declared that we had FF back and previous to that he was promised a new contract if that happened .

If FF gets back to what he was last season it will have a knock on effect through the team as opposed  to a negative effect when other players know something is wrong .

Lets hope its all good from now on . 

17 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

Well, that's my considered view. I recognise it is all about opinions, but for talent/all-round ability, for me he shades Fantham, Waddle and Carbone. Who do you think is/was better?

18 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

Guest Copthorneowl

Well well a player whose magic beguiles and who was in no way going to be with us after 1st Feb this has committed to an even longer stay.

How absolutely delightful

Normally we have a thread starting just got back. It's 09.30 and ive just got up to great news. Wish I'd had a tenner on with all those who said he'd go and wished it as well, what a pay out.

Now thank goodness we have a real chance of the Premier league. Must say apart from being delighted I am surprised given the recent dogs abuse he's taken but once again terrific news things can only get better as they say and his recent below par performances .appear to have helped in a perverse way in that probably our rivals thought no after all.

Anyway welcome back Nando not that you ever went away in my book.

1 minute ago, Doctor John said:

Well, that's my considered view. I recognise it is all about opinions, but for talent/all-round ability, for me he shades Fantham, Waddle and Carbone. Who do you think is/was better?

FF is a one of the most talented player in the 2nd tier over a season

Waddle, Carbone and Di Canio were among the most talented players in the top tier over a number of seasons.