Forestieri Extended Contract

Really is time for this nonsense to stop, yes we're in a rut, no we're not going to make any 12 million pound signings but we're top 6 and I'm sure we'll be their at the end of the season and a part from Brighton and Newcastle we shouldn't fear anyone. Time to back the squad as much as Chansiri is.

Edited by sam1

Just now, marcx666 said:

I mean so what if hes got another 10 grand a week. Doesnt matter, if DC wants to pay him 10 grand a week more, so what?

I said that its brilliant just find it funny how naive people can be. Its almost like us fans are to blame for being disappointed that he refused to play.

-Refuses to play once (Not that that should be belittled, terrible thing to do)

-Comes out and apologises profusely

-Says he wants to be here

-Manager says he wants to be here 

-Wife says he wants to be here

-Comes out and says he wants to be here (again)

-Signs another contract extension

-Some fans still think he doesn't want to be here lol

I reckon too many of you watch those conspiracy theory shows on the Discovery Channel. 

i'm pleased he's staying coz a firing forestieri is a very good player ...... signing an extended contract on probably more money again good luck to the lad ....but how he's gone about getting a new deal doesn't sit right with me .....whats he going to  do in a years time if we sign someone else who he thinks he's better than who earns more than him ?....

Trouble is we don't know what Forestieri's original contract was could have been as low as 10k a week. You see other on near 40k a week and an agent in your ear probably telling you he could get you 60k. I can understand him being upset.

Perhaps Forestieri was told in the summer he would get a new contact and it didn't materialise.

Truth is we dont know why he did what he did at Norwich. But he has learned from it and I would be amazed if he did it again. 

4 minutes ago, torryowl said:

i'm pleased he's staying coz a firing forestieri is a very good player ...... signing an extended contract on probably more money again good luck to the lad ....but how he's gone about getting a new deal doesn't sit right with me .....whats he going to  do in a years time if we sign someone else who he thinks he's better than who earns more than him ?....

That's the way it is these days, FFP is a sop and the FA stand idly by while Sky sports dictate the agenda and agents making millions per deal moving sick and useless players around from one club to another.

But like you pleased to have tied up a real talent for a further year. All it means is he wont get stolen away on the cheap until he's 9 months from the end of contract. However I do believe he is settled, just a shame some of our love was binned.

3 minutes ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

That's the way it is these days, FFP is a sop and the FA stand idly by while Sky sports dictate the agenda and agents making millions per deal moving sick and useless players around from one club to another.

But like you pleased to have tied up a real talent for a further year. All it means is he wont get stolen away on the cheap until he's 9 months from the end of contract. However I do believe he is settled, just a shame some of our love was binned.

its crap nev ....and the sad thing is i'll be cheering with the rest of the sycophants  when he scores his next goal and runs down to the corner flag making his heart sign ......

7 minutes ago, torryowl said:

its crap nev ....and the sad thing is i'll be cheering with the rest of the sycophants  when he scores his next goal and runs down to the corner flag making his heart sign ......

OK so we understand that the Government aren't allowed to interfere with the Governance of the game. They could though insist that all staff and directors of football clubs and their representatives were on strict PAYE The game is weeing money away.

I can't wait to read the comments on what my fellow wednesdayites think about this when they wake up in the morning, it's like Christmas morning all over again:manager:

In all seriousness though smashing bit of news and hopefully this is where his season starts and proves all the doubters wrong. 

People love to moan at the moaners, it gets so boring reading about how all our fans are idiots and they still won't believe he's commited. Here's an idea stop giving so much attention to the few nobs who express these opinions and just talk about the football. 

3 minutes ago, notts0wl said:

People love to moan at the moaners, it gets so boring reading about how all our fans are idiots and they still won't believe he's commited. Here's an idea stop giving so much attention to the few nobs who express these opinions and just talk about the football. 

thanks for giving attention to the moaners who moan about the moaners