Forestieri Extended Contract

Too much player power. If he wants to leave or not play- he will. We will still have to pay him. Imagine doing that in your day job?!

hopefully he's committed now and will pull the side together with some form. His tantrum took some momentum from us earlier in the season. 

We will be going up in the next couple of seasons - one hopes. I just can't see him being in the top 7 clubs - the rest would only be on par with us. 

37 minutes ago, Bannofan said:

I thought it was obvious it was opinion?

And, quite frankly, my opinion holds as much water as those who believe FF and SWFC when they talk about commitment to the cause.

I just think wanting to believe FF is a changed man and fully committed to SWFC for the next 18 months is an understandable reaction when a player is as good as he is. IN MY OPINION I think we have simply come to an understanding with him which will benefit both parties.

Honestly, I think FF is going to absolutely smash it from now until the end of the season.

Time will tell. 

It's not unusual for clubs to reach a compromise agreement with a want away star player. 

Remember Man U and Liverpool having such agreements with Ronaldo and Suarez back in the day ("give us another season and we will sell you to Real/Barca). 

I'm not 100% convinced that Fernando actually wanted to leave the club. That might have been the case (did hear a rumour about Swansea wanting him), but it may well have been about him wanting parity with clubs other top earners. Regardless the whole bikegate thing was bang out of order. 

Still - let's move on and hopefully he can rediscover some of the form that he showed last season. 

He still has plenty of time to make a huge contribution.