bobbobbins

Forestieri Extended Contract

Rate this topic

231 posts in this topic

48 minutes ago, poite said:

Im willing to take the negs for this, I dont care but I'm not happy about this news. Judging by the comments on here so far that brands me a 'moron'. Oh well...

Makes me laugh how everyone who every doubted his commitment now recieves the finger becuase this news apparently "proves them all wrong".

How does it prove them wrong exactly? What....because FF has signed a new deal that extends his contract on a load more money? Amazing how a person can prove their commitment by agreeing to let someone pay them more dosh.

The way he needed to prove his commitment was to show it on the pitch and he hasnt exactly done that has he. I'll agree that as a team we havent been brilliant of late and FF cant be singled out but his perfmormances of late havent exactly screamed commitment.

Will I support him? of course. I'll applaud a goal, a great pass and a sprint back down the field to help a defence. But do I like him? No, I'm sorry I dont.

But lets see aye, I'm sure we'll see some excellent perfmrances from him now. I just fear it will only last until someone else comes in, on more money and FF decides he needs his thunder back.

Prove me wrong Fernando, please.

I totally agree with you.

Congratulations Fernando.

Brilliant for Wednesday and a blow to the pigs.

It would've made their season if he'd left, I've got 2 bets @ £20 each coming in. Got a few pig mates and they were adamant he'd leave so I challenged em all that he'd stay at least until the end of the season. Only 2 took the bet. 

One has already paid me as I saw him at dinner time, the other still thinks he'll leave lol

3 hours ago, prowl said:

Hyperbole?

In the last 50 years..

Chris Waddle, 62 England caps

David Hirst.

Di Canio

Trevor Francis. 52 caps

Tommy Craig

Peter Swann

Des Walker. 50+ caps

and quite a few others.

We all have different opinions and you are entitled to your but Fessi has never earned a full cap. He's never even been a star Premiership player. Some of the players have been outstanding players at the highest level.

Nando is simply the best I have seen in terms of creative talent and all-round abilities in more than half a century of supporting the Owls. There has been a dearth of creative all-rounders at Hillsborough throughout  those years, and of the ones you mention only Waddle meets those criteria in my view.  Swan, for instance, couldn't shoot to save his life - and good as he was as a centre-half - he was hardly renowned for his creativity.

Of course, all of this is my subjective opinion. At the end of the day, you are as right from your side as I am from mine, and WAWAW!

So Foresteiri having thrown a hissy fit at the start of the season,  effectively contributing to our poor start in the league, has now been rewarded.  

really doesn't send a positive message out to the rest of the team does it.

1 hour ago, Doctor John said:

Nando is simply the best I have seen in terms of creative talent and all-round abilities in more than half a century of supporting the Owls. There has been a dearth of creative all-rounders at Hillsborough throughout  those years, and of the ones you mention only Waddle meets those criteria in my view.  Swan, for instance, couldn't shoot to save his life - and good as he was as a centre-half - he was hardly renowned for his creativity.

Of course, all of this is my subjective opinion. At the end of the day, you are as right from your side as I am from mine, and WAWAW!

You're seriously saying FF is better than Waddle was? 

Each to their own but waddle was a different class 

32 minutes ago, sweetsheri said:

You're seriously saying FF is better than Waddle was? 

Each to their own but waddle was a different class 

Yes, more complete - heading, shooting, passing, tackling back, dribbling and pace. In an environment which is much faster and technically superior to that which existed a decade ago. But each to their own, as you say! WAWAW 

1 minute ago, Doctor John said:

Yes, more complete - heading, shooting, passing, tackling back, dribbling and pace. In an environment which is much faster and technically superior to that which existed a decade ago. But each to their own, as you say! WAWAW 

Passing and dribbling no way, got a point with the others though.

5 minutes ago, Doctor John said:

Fair enough lad 

positivity
pɒzɪˈtɪvɪti/
noun

1. 1.
    the practice of being or tendency to be positive or optimistic in attitude.

Positivity South Yorkshire style:-

The practice or tendency to look for any negatives within positives.

eg. Our best player extends his contract and some see this as bad news.

miserablec***ts@glasshalfempty 

Great news, cracking player, who we struggle without!

Him and Hutch are the first two names on the team sheet for me, so brilliant 24 hours! 

5 hours ago, matthefish2002 said:

Why were some fans silly thinking he was off?  Surely Wednesday having to give him a new contract shows there was some truth in him wanting to go.

Yes, and obviously hutch signing a new contract meant he was wanting to go also. Phew, lucky escape we've had there.

Fessi interview top class loves the club great to see him back to his old self now our season starts

6 hours ago, matthefish2002 said:

So Wednesday offering him more money had nothing to do with him wanting to stay?

No not at all if he hadn't been offered more money he would have stayed as long as DC wanted him to (as the owner said publicly) which I would suggest would have been to within one year of the end if his original contract. That also ties with what he said in his initial apology as well he never wanted to go and has now proved that 100% by accepting a new extended deal.

Now he has signed an extension  for the extra money that he should have been offered when Fletcher and probably others came in on more money with considerably less ability and less to contribute.

In fairness to you you've been consistently against him since his big mistake but that doesn't mean you should carry on hammering him but of course that is your right and this is a forum for opinion.

Without him we can forget the promised land and I find it hard to see why you won't accept this but as I said your opinion is yours thankfully it's in a minority.

5 hours ago, poite said:

Im willing to take the negs for this, I dont care but I'm not happy about this news. Judging by the comments on here so far that brands me a 'moron'. Oh well...

Makes me laugh how everyone who every doubted his commitment now recieves the finger becuase this news apparently "proves them all wrong".

How does it prove them wrong exactly? What....because FF has signed a new deal that extends his contract on a load more money? Amazing how a person can prove their commitment by agreeing to let someone pay them more dosh.

The way he needed to prove his commitment was to show it on the pitch and he hasnt exactly done that has he. I'll agree that as a team we havent been brilliant of late and FF cant be singled out but his perfmormances of late havent exactly screamed commitment.

Will I support him? of course. I'll applaud a goal, a great pass and a sprint back down the field to help a defence. But do I like him? No, I'm sorry I dont.

But lets see aye, I'm sure we'll see some excellent perfmrances from him now. I just fear it will only last until someone else comes in, on more money and FF decides he needs his thunder back.

Prove me wrong Fernando, please.

It proves beyond any reasonable doubt that he did not want to be away if he's happy to sign an EXtension clause even if that's for more money, money he certainly imo deserved in the first place. Who in the team deserves more money per week  Fletcher ? Who were told gets more wow no chance.

"He needs to show it on the pitch" did it escape you're notice he was Player OT Month for November just over a month ago and he's been suspended and injured more or less the whole time since then!

Im delighted you say you'll support him I suppose that's all we who support the club 'unconditionally'  can ask for.

5 hours ago, markg said:

I totally agree with you.

you not think he has signed cos nobody showing any interest in him?

4 hours ago, Big Ron's Sovereign said:

Brilliant for Wednesday and a blow to the pigs.

It would've made their season if he'd left, I've got 2 bets @ £20 each coming in. Got a few pig mates and they were adamant he'd leave so I challenged em all that he'd stay at least until the end of the season. Only 2 took the bet. 

One has already paid me as I saw him at dinner time, the other still thinks he'll leave lol

Sadly matey you could have made even more money off our fans. Shame isn't it.

3 hours ago, Doctor John said:

Good post I'm in my 61st year of attendances and he's right up there with the best.

He's a good player but he isn't particularly suited to the style of football we play, he'll hardly ever beat a defender to nod in a cross. His forte is running at defenders will the ball and picking up the scraps in or around the box, at that he excels. If we want the very best from him we will have to change the way we play