Forestieri Extended Contract

5 minutes ago, Doctor John said:

Yes, more complete - heading, shooting, passing, tackling back, dribbling and pace. In an environment which is much faster and technically superior to that which existed a decade ago. But each to their own, as you say! WAWAW 

Fair enough lad 

positivity
pɒzɪˈtɪvɪti/
noun

1. 1.
    the practice of being or tendency to be positive or optimistic in attitude.

Positivity South Yorkshire style:-

The practice or tendency to look for any negatives within positives.

eg. Our best player extends his contract and some see this as bad news.

miserablec***ts@glasshalfempty 

5 hours ago, matthefish2002 said:

Why were some fans silly thinking he was off?  Surely Wednesday having to give him a new contract shows there was some truth in him wanting to go.

Yes, and obviously hutch signing a new contract meant he was wanting to go also. Phew, lucky escape we've had there.

Guest Copthorneowl
6 hours ago, matthefish2002 said:

So Wednesday offering him more money had nothing to do with him wanting to stay?

No not at all if he hadn't been offered more money he would have stayed as long as DC wanted him to (as the owner said publicly) which I would suggest would have been to within one year of the end if his original contract. That also ties with what he said in his initial apology as well he never wanted to go and has now proved that 100% by accepting a new extended deal.

Now he has signed an extension  for the extra money that he should have been offered when Fletcher and probably others came in on more money with considerably less ability and less to contribute.

In fairness to you you've been consistently against him since his big mistake but that doesn't mean you should carry on hammering him but of course that is your right and this is a forum for opinion.

Without him we can forget the promised land and I find it hard to see why you won't accept this but as I said your opinion is yours thankfully it's in a minority.

Guest Copthorneowl
5 hours ago, poite said:

Im willing to take the negs for this, I dont care but I'm not happy about this news. Judging by the comments on here so far that brands me a 'moron'. Oh well...

Makes me laugh how everyone who every doubted his commitment now recieves the finger becuase this news apparently "proves them all wrong".

How does it prove them wrong exactly? What....because FF has signed a new deal that extends his contract on a load more money? Amazing how a person can prove their commitment by agreeing to let someone pay them more dosh.

The way he needed to prove his commitment was to show it on the pitch and he hasnt exactly done that has he. I'll agree that as a team we havent been brilliant of late and FF cant be singled out but his perfmormances of late havent exactly screamed commitment.

Will I support him? of course. I'll applaud a goal, a great pass and a sprint back down the field to help a defence. But do I like him? No, I'm sorry I dont.

But lets see aye, I'm sure we'll see some excellent perfmrances from him now. I just fear it will only last until someone else comes in, on more money and FF decides he needs his thunder back.

Prove me wrong Fernando, please.

It proves beyond any reasonable doubt that he did not want to be away if he's happy to sign an EXtension clause even if that's for more money, money he certainly imo deserved in the first place. Who in the team deserves more money per week  Fletcher ? Who were told gets more wow no chance.

"He needs to show it on the pitch" did it escape you're notice he was Player OT Month for November just over a month ago and he's been suspended and injured more or less the whole time since then!

Im delighted you say you'll support him I suppose that's all we who support the club 'unconditionally'  can ask for.

Guest Copthorneowl
4 hours ago, Big Ron's Sovereign said:

Brilliant for Wednesday and a blow to the pigs.

It would've made their season if he'd left, I've got 2 bets @ £20 each coming in. Got a few pig mates and they were adamant he'd leave so I challenged em all that he'd stay at least until the end of the season. Only 2 took the bet. 

One has already paid me as I saw him at dinner time, the other still thinks he'll leave lol

Sadly matey you could have made even more money off our fans. Shame isn't it.

Guest Copthorneowl
3 hours ago, Doctor John said:

Nando is simply the best I have seen in terms of creative talent and all-round abilities in more than half a century of supporting the Owls. There has been a dearth of creative all-rounders at Hillsborough throughout  those years, and of the ones you mention only Waddle meets those criteria in my view.  Swan, for instance, couldn't shoot to save his life - and good as he was as a centre-half - he was hardly renowned for his creativity.

Of course, all of this is my subjective opinion. At the end of the day, you are as right from your side as I am from mine, and WAWAW!

Good post I'm in my 61st year of attendances and he's right up there with the best.

He's a good player but he isn't particularly suited to the style of football we play, he'll hardly ever beat a defender to nod in a cross. His forte is running at defenders will the ball and picking up the scraps in or around the box, at that he excels. If we want the very best from him we will have to change the way we play

22 hours ago, SmokieOwl36-0 said:

I can't wait to read the comments on what my fellow wednesdayites think about this when they wake up in the morning, it's like Christmas morning all over again:manager:

In all seriousness though smashing bit of news and hopefully this is where his season starts and proves all the doubters wrong. 

Won't that prove the doubters right ? 

21 hours ago, poite said:

Im willing to take the negs for this, I dont care but I'm not happy about this news. Judging by the comments on here so far that brands me a 'moron'. Oh well...

Makes me laugh how everyone who every doubted his commitment now recieves the finger becuase this news apparently "proves them all wrong".

How does it prove them wrong exactly? What....because FF has signed a new deal that extends his contract on a load more money? Amazing how a person can prove their commitment by agreeing to let someone pay them more dosh.

The way he needed to prove his commitment was to show it on the pitch and he hasnt exactly done that has he. I'll agree that as a team we havent been brilliant of late and FF cant be singled out but his perfmormances of late havent exactly screamed commitment.

Will I support him? of course. I'll applaud a goal, a great pass and a sprint back down the field to help a defence. But do I like him? No, I'm sorry I dont.

But lets see aye, I'm sure we'll see some excellent perfmrances from him now. I just fear it will only last until someone else comes in, on more money and FF decides he needs his thunder back.

Prove me wrong Fernando, please.

Exactly what I was trying to say in one of the other 37 threads about FF.

The new contract, such as it is, is that we pay Fernando more money and we get that back by getting more money for him in the summer when he leaves, because he has a longer contract and that's how things work.

In short, if we pay FF an extra £10k a week from now until the end of the season, then get £1.5 million more for him than we would have done without his contact extension in the summer, everyone is a winner.

A new contract is never a demonstration of a players loyalty,

Guest Copthorneowl
10 minutes ago, Bannofan said:

The new contract, such as it is, is that we pay Fernando more money and we get that back by getting more money for him in the summer when he leaves, because he has a longer contract and that's how things work.

In short, if we pay FF an extra £10k a week from now until the end of the season, then get £1.5 million more for him than we would have done without his contact extension in the summer, everyone is a winner.

Sorry but cynical and in my view incorrect.

Players who definitely don't want to be at a club do not sign extensions to stay, and also  to say "a new contract is "never a demonstration of a players loyalty" is just plain daft.

Nothing that has ever  come out of FF's own mouth at any time has ever remotely indicated he wants to leave, so your opinion is yours alone with zero evidence to support what you suggest.

54 minutes ago, Bannofan said:

Stop stating things as fact when they are just your opinion. 

1 hour ago, SiJ said:

Stop stating things as fact when they are just your opinion. 

I thought it was obvious it was opinion?

And, quite frankly, my opinion holds as much water as those who believe FF and SWFC when they talk about commitment to the cause.

I just think wanting to believe FF is a changed man and fully committed to SWFC for the next 18 months is an understandable reaction when a player is as good as he is. IN MY OPINION I think we have simply come to an understanding with him which will benefit both parties.

Honestly, I think FF is going to absolutely smash it from now until the end of the season.