Help Please...

1 minute ago, prowl said:

That sound a really interesting job. You are a lucky man. 

Doesn't pay well but I enjoy it most of the time. Tempted to jump ship for a job as a Heritage Advisor with English Highways, would substantially improve the pay situation.

But anyway, I'm always here if anyone wants any help with anything, I'm sure Kivo and Dunsby too as always. One big family.

4 hours ago, Holmes said:

WWS should be awarded OT fan of the month, some really interesting info.  Brought a mostly long forgotten player back in to focus.  You forget when looking at brown photographs that the characters portrayed are real people with a rich history behind them.

Thanks to WWS and everyone else who has contributed.

Seconded!

4 hours ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

Is that true Will that public records can be subject to copyright ?

It depends on so many factors but essentially yes. For example almost all public records held by the National Archive at Kew are subject to Crown copyright. For personal use, educational use etc they allow copying of some records but as soon as people venture into reproducing copies in publications etc they are in hot water.

It is a minefield to be honest, I know one digital archivist who literally advises on this as a career. There is guidance available here:

https://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/legal/recordcopying.htm

And clear guidelines on which public records are likely to be subject to Crown copyright here:

http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/information-management/re-using-public-sector-information/copyright-and-re-use/crown-copyright/

13 hours ago, Malcolm Darling said:

Evening all.

I have been asked to thank you all for your contributions and guidance in this topic

My original intention was to print off all the information you provided and present it to my mate (Trevor) but on second thoughts and due to the vast amount of info provided I directed him towards Owlstalk.

Trevor has begun work on a comprehensive story relating to Jimmy Spoors and the easiest way to convey his thanks to you all is for me to relay the last paragraph (so far)

"Thanks to all the people who have helped, especially those from Owlstalk, my daughter for her help and also for putting up with my moods. I don't know if this journey has ended yet but I have enjoyed the whole presentation. It has been a privilege and a pleasure to have met so many people, both in person and through the net"

"Once again thanks for all the help in making it possible to put a face to a memory"

"WAWAW" 

It's what this site does.

Never be afraid to ask for help you'll always find it eventually.

Jimmy Spoors' Owls career from my records -

First team

1908/09 - Football League Division 1 (15 games, 0 goals)

1909/10 - Football League Division 1 (38 games, 0 goals), FA Cup (2 games, 0 goals)

1910/11 - Football League Division 1 (36 games, 1 goal), FA Cup (1 games, 0 goals)

1911/12 - Football League Division 1 (37 games, 0 goals), FA Cup (2 games, 0 goals)

1912/13 - Football League Division 1 (36 games, 0 goals), FA Cup (4 games, 0 goals)

1913/14 - Football League Division 1 (37 games, 3 goals), FA Cup (5 games, 0 goals)

1914/15 - Football League Division 1 (38 games, 0 goals), FA Cup (3 games, 0 goals)

1915/16 - War League Midland Section (1 game, 0 goals)

1916/17 - War League Midland Section (8 games, 1 goal)

1917/18 - War League Midland Section (1 game, 0 goals)

1918/19 - War League Midland Section (5 games, 0 goals)

1919/20 - Football League Division 1 (18 games, 1 goals)

Reserves

1907/08 - Midland League (2 games, 0 goals)

1908/09 - Midland League (14 games, 6 goals), Wharncliffe Charity Cup League (1 game, 0 goals), Sheffield Senior Cup (2 games, 0 goals)