Poll: Man of the Match vs Middlesbrough...and your player ratings

Man of the Match vs Middlesbrough  

194 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match vs Middlesbrough?

• Wildsmith
    • Palmer
    • Lees
    • Loovens
    • Pudil
    • Wallace
    • Jones
    • Bannan
    • Fletcher
    • Forestieri
    • Reach
    • McManaman
    • Nuhiu
    • Joao

Lees closely followed by Forestieri. McManaman would have had a shout if he'd been on the pitch longer.

Wildsmith 5 - wasn't as much to blame for the second and third goals as people are making out, especially the second where Pudil left him in an awful pickle with that backpass.

Palmer 5 - I'm sorry, I just don't rate him. He's a trier, but he's got no technical ability so as usual there was zilch end product.

Lees 6 - him and Loovens dealt with everything very admirably first half, couldn't really help the team collapsing around them second half.

Loovens 6 

Pudil 5 

Wallace 5 - offered very little, played way too narrow in stark contrast to McManaman 

Bannan 4 - tried to dictate our play but sat too deep and too many passes went astray. The number of times Reach was in a good position and Bannan didn't even look did my head in

Jones 5 

Reach 5 - must have been frustrated with the service he was getting but he just never seems to control the ball that well, hence how often he loses it. Still afraid to shoot after his goal which is annoying.

Fletcher 6 - no proper service but did his best with what he got

Forestieri 6 - did a lot of running pressing high up the pitch and dropped deep to try and get and get us going - unfortunately with the way we were playing that meant he was dropping way too deep.

McManaman 6 - impressed with his ability to hug the touchline and beat a man, though none of his crosses really connected. Boro clearly saw him as a threat though.

Nuhiu 5

Joao 5

Poor overall no nom for MoM Fessi/Lees best of a bad bunch today

Wildsmith Palmer Loovens Pudil Wallace Jones 6

Bannon  Reach Nuhiu 5

Fletch Macca Joao 6.5

Lees Fessi 7

Edited by ash60s
entered Jones twice instead of Reach

Reach is really frustrating. 5 mill for a bang average player ! He's worth about 750k-1 million. glad to see ff did well and mcmanaman as we really need them to be on it. For me start mcmanaman and ff out wide and hooper up top if fit. Bannan has been terrible but unfortunately isn't able to be dropped due to poor options in midfield.

We were as dire as we were against Wolves.  Hard to separate the dire from the terrible.  This was awful to watch and it is becoming hard to see where a goal will come from.  So little creativity. So little goal threat.  No penetration.

The awful thing is that Boro were no better, with their first two coming from a free kick and a wee wee tail-up.  But then they finished with a bit of an unexpected flourish and scored another (in addition to a disallowed one that was the result of great attacking movement).

Impossible to say much positive about the Wednesday performance.

1 hour ago, Groundhopping Owl said:

Wildsmith 5 - wasn't as much to blame for the second and third goals as people are making out, especially the second where Pudil left him in an awful pickle with that backpass.

Really??? Wildsmith's initial pass to Pudil was the start of the gift. He had trouble keeping it in play before the pass back to Wildsmith, plus he nearly got caught out within the 1st min of the game in a similar scenario. 

1 hour ago, Ever the pessimist said:

Also would question his positioning for the free kick. You have to trust the wall to do its job and cover the rest of the goal.

Although the free kick itself came from Bannan doing his usual Cruyff turn inside his own defensive third. 

Free kick was a bigger mistake than 1St imo as it's flipping Sunday League stuff where wall looks after 1 side so keeper looks after other side.

2nd well another shambles and we were 2-0 down in a game where neither side had created a chance.

The groans said it all. I lost count of the number of times that we had promising breaks only for us to turn around and pass the ball backwards. The only problem is that we were using creative techniques to make the back passes and Boro capitalise on us playing our brand of attractive negative football. Last season we played attacking football and these type of mistakes were made in the opposition half so we have plenty of time to get back and cover. We now make mistakes in our own half that results in losing possession and a direct scoring opportunity results. Sort it out Carlos.

MOM FF for me.

Wildsmith 5- Some decent saves but the mistakes counted against us.
Palmer 6- Did well in the first half against their brick toilet.
Lees 7- Our most assured defender
Loovens 6- Got caught a few times
Pudil 5- Largely one to forget.
Wallace 6- I thought he did well and was surprised when he didn't show for the second half
Bannan 6- OK in patches but I think that playing so deep does not suit him
Jones 5- Broke up a few things but always passes 5 yards to the side.
Reach 4- Woeful first half and (again) I cannot see why we paid so much for an average player
FF 7.5- Took the game to them and took some hammer.
Fletch 5- Looked off the pace

McManaman 7- Ran at them, it was good and seemed to spur FF to do likewise. One of the few positives.
Joao & Nuhiu 5 (combined rating)- Had absolutely no positive effect when they came on. Hooper cannot return quick enough.