Middlesbrough vs The Owls. Official Matchday Thread.

Guest Copthorneowl

Enjoyed the match day post Pauli.

To all the 3000 or more that are travelling brilliant well done lads and I hope Carlos treats you to a decent team and good performance it's the least you lot and us sat at home deserve deserve.

UTO.

1 minute ago, adifferentgame said:

Beautiful OMDT pauli! Definitely returned to form after a shaky holiday period.

Don't much care about the result today, but would be nice to see some of the forgotten men of Sheffield Wednesday get some game time and maybe put in a performance.

Would certainly be an interesting line up lol

Morning chums....particularly The Squire of Preston and the rest of the MGG.

Can't get excited about today but 2 very important things

1          No red cards

2          No new injuries

We're never gonna win the FA Cup so I would just let a few of our missing  men out from the cupboard under the stairs and tell them if they want to have a game then put a shift in.

Otherwise put out the development squad.....and light the blue touch paper

Boro 3 Wednesday 1.............Ollie can't be bothered to comment

COME ON WEDNESDAY

47 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Hoping we put a strong side out.

I know some chaps are up for putting the kids in etc.

But I'm a fan of trying to build momentum. 

Other than the lads with knocks/strains (and the vital Hutch) it'd be a first team for me.

Send a strong side out and let them off the leash a bit 

"No pressure like in the league here lads. Its a freebie game. Go out and relax, go and express yourselves,  have fun , have and right good go at it, if we lose we lose. Entertain the fans. Have fun"

NB- Excellent OMDT Pauli. 

COME ON WEDNESDAY!

My sentiments exactly. 

Guest Copthorneowl
49 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Hoping we put a strong side out.

I know some chaps are up for putting the kids in etc.

But I'm a fan of trying to build momentum. 

Other than the lads with knocks/strains (and the vital Hutch) it'd be a first team for me.

Send a strong side out and let them off the leash a bit 

"No pressure like in the league here lads. Its a freebie game. Go out and relax, go and express yourselves,  have fun , have and right good go at it, if we lose we lose. Entertain the fans. Have fun"

NB- Excellent OMDT Pauli. 

COME ON WEDNESDAY!

2 minutes ago, Ironman said:

My sentiments exactly. 

Also 3000 or so dedicated fans travelling a long way into Siberian conditions, they deserve better than a second team approach. It's no different to any league game we've got a week to recover ........Christ footballers eh.

Likely 2 x weakened sides..their reserves will be better than ours. The competition won't be a priority for either side 

2-0 home win

Be nice if CC gives some of the fringe players a proper go though..hopefully someone can step up and change his thinking a little - we are a bit stale at the moment IMO 

Good avo from 32 degree Singapore.  Not a cloud in the sky at 6pm.  Missing the Owls though innit.

Good OMDT as ever Paulus.  From memory Middlesborough always have problems with a certain A Nuhiu, there was consternation he didn't play against MBoro last season as Karanka had specifically called him out as a danger man after scoring 3 season before.  He didn't play, and we lost at home and away.

I'd play FF and Macca off the big man with Abdi clearing up behind in some ungodly Austrian/ Swiss/ Albanian/ Italian/ Argentine/ Scouse offensive diamond mash up. 

LES BE HAVING YOU! 

Excellent OMDT. The information and research provided is fascinating, funny and much appreciated. FA cup matches used to be something special but no longer seem to have that magic. Nonetheless, I hope we give a good account of ourselves and progress to the next round. UTO