Quality of goals this season compared to last

Hasn't really been mentioned on here but thought I'd share an observation of mine. 

Theres been a stark contrast in the quality of the goals scored this season when compared to last. 

Examples that sprint to mind are:

Matias V Leeds 

Bannan V Derby 

Hooper V Birmingham 

Wallace V Fulham

Wallace v Brighton

May have missed a few there but the team don't seem to have scored many screamers this time round. Perhaps a sign of low confidence? I know we are only about half way through the season and I'm not slagging the team off by any means but just an observation. 

I'd take 4 scruffy goals over 2 wonder strikes, but we're not even getting that this season. 28 league goals so far compared to 34 at the same stage last season (when we struggled to score at all early in the season before it clicked when we signed FF)

Last year Sheffield Wednesday was king of the bangers!

Almost every goal was worthy of a great goal compilation.

Say what you like about taking a 1-0 win with a tap in but if you see a screamer (regardless of the result) you'll talk about it at work on Monday & you'll get a buzz whenever you replay the goal in your mind.

Whether it's a great goal or a Waddle nutmeg, the exciting moments stay with you.

Catenaccio is for the Italians, route one for the Blades or Leeds but Wednesday should play rock n roll football.

19 minutes ago, Sefton owl said:

Hasn't really been mentioned on here but thought I'd share an observation of mine. 

Theres been a stark contrast in the quality of the goals scored this season when compared to last. 

Examples that sprint to mind are:

Matias V Leeds 

Bannan V Derby 

Hooper V Birmingham 

Wallace V Fulham

Wallace v Brighton

May have missed a few there but the team don't seem to have scored many screamers this time round. Perhaps a sign of low confidence? I know we are only about half way through the season and I'm not slagging the team off by any means but just an observation. 

Is it a coincidence that all but one of these goals came in the 2nd half of the season?

12 minutes ago, darklord said:

It's because players are scared to score wonder goals now.  Wonder goals are cursed,  players like Matias and  Mcgugan score crackers then are never seen again. lol

Wallace scored some cracking goals, he's still around but he's not scoring now despite having a go regularly.

1 hour ago, alanharper said:

I'd take 4 scruffy goals over 2 wonder strikes, but we're not even getting that this season. 28 league goals so far compared to 34 at the same stage last season (when we struggled to score at all early in the season before it clicked when we signed FF)

It didn't click when we signed him. At least not if you mean scoring goals.

We scored 12 in his first 10 games. Exactly the same rate as before he joined.

19 minutes ago, OwlofOliveGrove said:

8 Rhodes related threads (not including the transfer megathread) on the front page.

lol

Give over.

Posted this in the wrong thread. Please nobody comment on it or its contents, lest we turn this unrelated thread into yet another JR one.