The bigger picture - this season vs last season (GRAPH)

6 hours ago, Dylan93 said:

Last season is irrelevant to this season. Just gives people false hope

???????????????

So if last season is irrelevant, then what you are saying is that we shouldn't believe we have a good chance of making the playoffs this season?

Despite the fact we are 6th in the league? 

I can see why you'd think that.

10 hours ago, RyanSWFC said:

Here's the updated progress graph after the Christmas and New Year fixtures. Doesn't look that bad, does it?

Untitled.png

It would be interesting to see the progress of say Burnley, Middlesbrough last yr and Newcastle and Brighton plotted. Any chance Ryan? 

48 minutes ago, RyanSWFC said:

Sure.

Untitled.png

So it can be done from where we are now. 

On the other hand, it also highlights the huge difference between us and the other 3

Or you could say that we haven't experienced the spikes of good form the other teams have so we must be due our share

7 hours ago, 2mnn said:

So it can be done from where we are now. 

On the other hand, it also highlights the huge difference between us and the other 3

Or you could say that we haven't experienced the spikes of good form the other teams have so we must be due our share

The problem is that we are 24 matches in, and we have yet to look remotely like a team ready to do a Burnley.

Brighton should be our benchmark this season, hence the disappointment amongst many. Next year will be even harder at this rate with Villa, Norwich and the relegated teams  + teams such as Wolves, Brum, and Reading having forthcoming investment.

And dont forget the Bog roll Princes Trillions

13 hours ago, WatfordOwl said:

???????????????

So if last season is irrelevant, then what you are saying is that we shouldn't believe we have a good chance of making the playoffs this season?

Despite the fact we are 6th in the league? 

I can see why you'd think that.

Never said anything about the play-offs, LOL. So you're 'assuming' there, aren't you? I'' just saying, don't look too much into it because you can't predict football knowbody knows what will happen. 

Lets just see what happens! Lets focus on the next five months, not the last 12 comparing us with last season

3 minutes ago, Dylan93 said:

Lets focus on the next five months, not the last 12 comparing us with last season

The point of the graph is to demonstrate to the moaners and whingers that we're actually doing way better than last season no matter what moans or gripes they can throw at the club

Owlstalk Shop

interesting but look at the progress last few games. If that continues we will soon be behind where we were last season. Our position is fine but its the current trend I find worrying. The big question is where will we be in 5 games? Maybe we are just riding a bad patch (and still picking up points which would be good) but perhaps we are as good as we will get this season and we may be on a downward spiral.

Who the roger knows!

On 1/3/2017 at 11:54, RyanSWFC said:

Here's the updated progress graph after the Christmas and New Year fixtures. Doesn't look that bad, does it?

Untitled.png

^

:rolleyes:

Have I missed the update on this here graph?

Only, I had to go back about 20 pages to find this 'edition'

Edited by Ethel The Tree