The bigger picture - this season vs last season (GRAPH)

Thanks Ryan. Always enjoy looking at this.

I suppose our sentiment is not matching our improved points tally cos the style of play is pretty darned dreadful right now. A 'performance' chart would look pretty dire. 

This is all well and good if the target this season was Play Offs again, which lets be honest is a complete lottery, we showed that last season.

I don't think it was, I firmly believe the objective this season was Autos despite what has been said, and we are a fair way off doing that.

The top 2 sides appear to be just that little bit better than the chasing pack. After that it's 4 from 7-8 teams and we are very much in the thick of it. We need to be better in front of goal though. I notice that Leeds are becoming quite prolific now and have given their GD a huge lift these last 3-4 games. It's going all the way for the play-off spots and then the lottery begins.

Can't argue its progress in terms of points on the board, but there seems a spark missing and a sense we could do better. Suspect as  fan I am expecting too much, but with the squad we have feel we should be a few points and a couple of places better off. That said, if we finish in the play offs again, would be a positive outcome for the season and on our day remain capable of beating anyone in this league.

Guest RedDragonOwl

But we're near the bottom three in terms of goals scored. 

Need a striker.

Edited by RedDragonOwl

4 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

This is brilliant

Post facts showing that we're way ahead of this time last year 

Post a graph showing it in black and white

And some people are falling over themselves to discount it so they can STILL moan

You couldn't make it up

It's true though, in't it?

Derby won seven on the bounce and then either side of Christmas won one from four, including 0-0 home to Wigan and losing 3-0 at Norwich

Wonder if their fans are as depressed as our lot after failing to beat Wolves at home?

23 minutes ago, BD2OWL said:

This is all well and good if the target this season was Play Offs again, which lets be honest is a complete lottery, we showed that last season.

I don't think it was, I firmly believe the objective this season was Autos despite what has been said, and we are a fair way off doing that.

I'd have thought the target this season was to remain competitive through until May, and realistically that DOES mean the play-offs

There's no harm in aiming for the top two but given the strength of the competition you could hardly call it failure should we fall short