Keiran Lee replacement

Guest Kameron
12 hours ago, Beholder said:

We are gonna miss him a lot.

In fact he is irreplaceable. For what he does, and the way he plays, and the effect that has on his team mates..

Pure team player. 

The team looked far more balanced without him at Newcastle.

12 hours ago, Beholder said:

We are gonna miss him a lot.

In fact he is irreplaceable. For what he does, and the way he plays, and the effect that has on his team mates..

Pure team player. 

He isn't really irreplaceable. Not good enough if we end up in the premier league that's for sure.

16 hours ago, Beholder said:

Carlos alluded to it in the interview.

Was clearly not fit in the first half and wishful thinking from Carlos to play him.

Without his consistent performances we have dropped off a cliff in terms of work ethic and movement.

So who should it be?

Not Abdi of course, that would be too obvious. . 

It bloody should be Abdi and he should get him in and give him a run. We don't need another centre midfielder. We need a good right back and a striker on loan who can do the job Hooper would if he wasn't injured. The simple problem we have at the moment is we ain't sticking the ball in the net, defence is fine as 4/5 clean sheets suggests with 10 clean sheets all season so far. 

Right now, I think Lee, Bannan, Jones and Abdi are all fighting to play alongside Hutch in the middle.

where we weak in midfield is if Hutch gets an injury.

Hopefully Abdi will get a chance alongside Hutch and make us tick.

1 hour ago, Kameron said:

The team looked far more balanced without him at Newcastle.

It was a dig in type of game though.  Not something we usually have to do.

He normally gives us something we lack -  makes runs up to and beyond the forwards, linking the play and scoring a few goals. There was one passage of interplay around the box yesterday between Bannan and FF. Lee is normally integral to that sort of stuff. He also puts a foot in  -he's much braver than Bannan - and presses. At the start of the season he was one of the few players matching last season's standards. 

I'm not saying we can't do better - even Barcelona are always looking to improve - but he's a cracking player at our level. In my opinion of course.

18 hours ago, Ronnie Starling said:

With the exception of Westwood and Hutchinson the others have underperformed but I put a lot of that down to Carlos and his tactics. But you state Lee is a key player for us. Today he managed 16 touches on the ball and 22 against Rotherham although that's based on 45 minutes of play. His involvement is minimal compared to other players. Bannan who has not lived up to last seasons standards at least takes responsibility in wanting the ball, tracking back and closing players down. His involvement in the game is much greater than Lee's.

You berated Lee for not making a first time pass earlier.  The number of touches is irrelevant in a game, it's the result of the touches that matters.

2 hours ago, rickygoo said:

It was a dig in type of game though.  Not something we usually have to do.

He normally gives us something we lack -  makes runs up to and beyond the forwards, linking the play and scoring a few goals. There was one passage of interplay around the box yesterday between Bannan and FF. Lee is normally integral to that sort of stuff. He also puts a foot in  -he's much braver than Bannan - and presses. At the start of the season he was one of the few players matching last season's standards. 

I'm not saying we can't do better - even Barcelona are always looking to improve - but he's a cracking player at our level. In my opinion of course.

This.

I don't think people realise quite how much we depend on Keiran Lee for the way we play.

Carlos will be gutted to lose him. 

Gonna be quite a headache for him to get us playing high tempo high movement style without him buzzing here there and everywhere.

13 minutes ago, Beholder said:

This.

I don't think people realise quite how much we depend on Keiran Lee for the way we play.

Gonna be quite a headache for him to get us playing high tempo high movement style without him buzzing here there and everywhere.

If Lee is going to be out for a long time I would take the opportunity to change the way we play 

46 minutes ago, swfc4_sufc0 said:

You berated Lee for not making a first time pass earlier.  The number of touches is irrelevant in a game, it's the result of the touches that matters.

His involvement in the game is not as much as some believe. Who is more important Hutchinson or Lee? Hutch for me and Carlos has had to address a problem where we were getting out muscled in midfield which Lee and Bannan are not capable of doing that job.

22 minutes ago, Beholder said:

This.

High tempo high movement? Have you watched us this season? Our play is so slow with minimal movement. Maybe this forced change will see an improvement in performances.

Oh and you forgot to mention Newcastle away which saw a more balanced midfield without Lee.

Edited by Ronnie Starling

Guest Kameron

It's all about opinions and mine is he won't be missed, should Hutchinson get injured in the coming weeks then we will have real problems because we have no one else who can get stuck in when needed.  Lee is a very steady championship player, but he lacks the passing ability of Bannan, is often pushed off the ball far too easily for a 6 footer and more often than not makes the wrong decisions when in great positions around the box, he should be scoring loads more given the positions he regularly finds himself in. Last season there were glaring weaknesses in the side and despite spending 10 million plus the same positions are failing us again this season, Loovens should have been replaced with him dropping down to cover injury’s, we have too many like for like players in midfield when we needed someone with power and pace who can go box to box. CC told us we were after quality not quantity but unfortunately we went for the latter, our only pacey striker couldn’t hit a cows arse with a banjo but we opted for Fletcher.  We had no real cover for Pudil who’s form was dropping towards the back end of last season, we gave him a new contract, signed a player to give him competition who can’t even make the match day squad and have now resorted to playing a supposed 4 million pound winger ahead of both of them.  The summer recruitment was a total shambles and we will suffer if it’s not put right, the squad needs trimming and quality bringing in to improve the positions that should have been improved in the summer.

1 hour ago, Kameron said:

It's all about opinions and mine is he won't be missed, should Hutchinson get injured in the coming weeks then we will have real problems because we have no one else who can get stuck in when needed.  Lee is a very steady championship player, but he lacks the passing ability of Bannan, is often pushed off the ball far too easily for a 6 footer and more often than not makes the wrong decisions when in great positions around the box, he should be scoring loads more given the positions he regularly finds himself in. Last season there were glaring weaknesses in the side and despite spending 10 million plus the same positions are failing us again this season, Loovens should have been replaced with him dropping down to cover injury’s, we have too many like for like players in midfield when we needed someone with power and pace who can go box to box. CC told us we were after quality not quantity but unfortunately we went for the latter, our only pacey striker couldn’t hit a cows arse with a banjo but we opted for Fletcher.  We had no real cover for Pudil who’s form was dropping towards the back end of last season, we gave him a new contract, signed a player to give him competition who can’t even make the match day squad and have now resorted to playing a supposed 4 million pound winger ahead of both of them.  The summer recruitment was a total shambles and we will suffer if it’s not put right, the squad needs trimming and quality bringing in to improve the positions that should have been improved in the summer.

As opposed to the other midfield players who never find themselves in those positions.  How many goals has Bannan scored  -and how many assists? Lee is one of the few players this season who has surpassed last season's standards  - Hutch is probably the only other one maybe Westwood I suppose. He was brilliant at the start of the season and then got injured.  -Maybe we do need better but there's plenty of worse performing players in the team. 

1 hour ago, rickygoo said:

As opposed to the other midfield players who never find themselves in those positions.  How many goals has Bannan scored  -and how many assists? Lee is one of the few players this season who has surpassed last season's standards  - Hutch is probably the only other one maybe Westwood I suppose. He was brilliant at the start of the season and then got injured.  -Maybe we do need better but there's plenty of worse performing players in the team. 

Lee has 4 goals no assists

Bannan has 1 goal 3 assists

while at Barnsley

Hourihane has 5 goals 11 assists

Seems the anti Lee brigade have hijacked this thread.

Shame he is being judged on his performances when injured.

There are 4 years of outstanding performances that could be cited, but use of evidence is selective when there is an agenda there.

8 minutes ago, Beholder said:

Seems the anti Lee brigade have hijacked this thread.

Shame he is being judged on his performances when injured.

There are 4 years of outstanding performances that could be cited, but use of evidence is selective when there is an agenda there.

Some of us look at the present and Lee has been average this season. There is much better out there.