Keiran Lee replacement

Carlos alluded to it in the interview.

Was clearly not fit in the first half and wishful thinking from Carlos to play him.

Without his consistent performances we have dropped off a cliff in terms of work ethic and movement.

So who should it be?

Not Abdi of course, that would be too obvious. . 

Unfortunately I think I'm most certainly on the Hourihane bandwagon. 

Sell Abdi, use that money to subsidise Hourihane's transfer fee, and his wages will be less than Abdi's so over the length of the contract it works out cheaper for us anyway. 

Things are that simple... right? :rolleyes: 

3 minutes ago, Beholder said:

Was clearly not fit in the first half and wishful thinking from Carlos to play him.

Without his consistent performances we have dropped off a cliff in terms of work ethic and movement.

So who should it be?

He also said in the same interview possibly the same sentence that Abdi isn't fit 

5 minutes ago, Ronnie Starling said:

Will it be short term or long term?

I'm guessing long term.

The fact that Carlos alluded to him in the same breath as Buckley suggests so.

Also a poster on here who seems to have a connection to Lee said he had heard he could be out for time.

As much as I'm an admirer of Hourihane, we can't keep rolling the dice. Presumably we do our homework on the players we sign, so surely it's time to slot Abdi in? He came with a great reputation, as did Matias incidentally, and we paid good money for him, so it's far too early to be looking again for replacements. How did Carlos envisage him fitting in, and what convinced him to pay the £4m to bring him here? Now would be a good time to show us what was behind his thinking

Would Lee be an option at right back to improve us there and then use Abdi or a Hourihane type of player in the middle to replace him?

Still think Reach should be on the left wing too, with McManaman or Wallace on the right.

Edited by Daz

Lee isn't as good as some seem to think. I know he has chipped in with odd goal here and there but it's a position where we need much better. The example showed by Hutch when he drove the team forward in the first half passed to Lee in the box who couldn't play a first time pass back and was caught in possession.

19 minutes ago, Beholder said:

So who should it be?

Work Ethic dropped?? Not sure you can label that at this team 

Guest Kameron
35 minutes ago, Beholder said:

The performance at Newcastle was the best this season without him in the side.

1 minute ago, Kameron said:

Yes but Lee was always the player who could keep this up consistently.

For a number of seasons he has had an infectious effect on his team mates.

Remove Lee and you might get the odd performance but on the whole we go down quite a few notches.

My worry is that we play in a way that seems heavily reliant on him.

2 minutes ago, Kameron said:

But the Newcastle performance was different from our top notch performances last year. It was more of a battling underdog performance.

Lee was integral to the flowing football of last year - something that's been missing almost completely this season. We've found another way to win - and it's nowhere near as entertaining. 

18 minutes ago, Ronnie Starling said:

Lee isn't as good as some seem to think. I know he has chipped in with odd goal here and there but it's a position where we need much better. The example showed by Hutch when he drove the team forward in the first half passed to Lee in the box who couldn't play a first time pass back and was caught in possession.

Lee is an exceptional midfield player.

If you want to highlight one mistake in isolation, then we can play a game.

You show where he's gone wrong in the last two seasons and I'll counter?