The Owls vs Wolves. Official Matchday Thread.

In reflection I'd have taken 5pts from the last 3 games and we've done well over last 8games without key players for a few of the games. 

Performances havent been where they need to be but have a feeling that the players spent every ounce of energy vs Newcastle and we haven't recovered from that game. 

Now one with a cup game coming up and a few players coming back / coming in we get a chance to recharge regroup and reassess before a fresh set of tough games. 

Not bad spot to be in, could be better but I bet villa, Newcastle, Derby and quite a few others would switch spots in a heart beat. 

Just now, Great Big Galaa said:

It's time to put on make up, it's time to light the lights. I've been well and truly put in my place by a clever tw@t tonight.

wow.

Hope your not going out tonight.

Perhaps if we played with a similar tempo throughout the match as we do in the last 10 minutes , we might pull a couple of goals clear. 

The sight of Westwood dawdling with his goal kicks was winding me the fooook up today.  

Im p1ssed off tonight. We should have dealt with Wolves comfortably and we have the players and ability to do it.  I thought we had dispensed with the sideways crap but it was back today. 

Edited by Vaughan

33 minutes ago, Copthorneowl said:

Post match comments vToon "brilliant Carlos well done"

Post Match v Wolves sack him.

Lets get some perspective 6th close to 3-5th disappointing result but for Christ sake like a bunch of kids not getting their ice cream today.

It's not though is it, Barnsley could have and probably should have got something, Rotherham also, Wolves and Preston did..One good performance in the last 5 ain't good enough, is it really?

I'm not in the Carlos out brigade just yet....but some of the euphoria after a win at Newcastle was crazy and embarrassing, the big picture is we are 6th but that will not last, it's plain to see, unless we improve a fair bit. 

Having said that, I'm not worried yet because countless experts keep telling me Huddersfield, Leeds and Reading will fall away...Norwich and Villa will be our main threat...kin ell lol

4 minutes ago, Mickjj said:

The moment Jones was brought on for Fletcher was the most frustrating. A defensive midfielder for a forward when its0-0 and we're at home.  Give may a break. 

Yes I thought that bizarre.

We have Hutch AND Jones on, with Bannan wide left, at home, pushing for a win.

I did wonder though if Carlos feared defeat. They had easily the better chances to win second half.

Guest Copthorneowl
7 minutes ago, sherlyegg said:

It's not though is it, Barnsley could have and probably should have got something, Rotherham also, Wolves and Preston did..One good performance in the last 5 ain't good enough, is it really?

I'm not in the Carlos out brigade just yet....but some of the euphoria after a win at Newcastle was crazy and embarrassing, the big picture is we are 6th but that will not last, it's plain to see, unless we improve a fair bit. 

Having said that, I'm not worried yet because countless experts keep telling me Huddersfield, Leeds and Reading will fall away...Norwich and Villa will be our main threat...kin ell lol

What you say mate may turn out to be correct but we can only speculate about what may happen. My quotes are based on where we are now and what we've done and we are 6th two clear of 5th and close to third.

Fwiw I agree with your assessments of those games we played but we won two and drew the other two didn't play well but came out on top how often in the past has it been the other way round and at Reading and Fulham we deserved 6 points and got one. It's swings and ......

The meltdowns are ridiculous imo, and like most I though we were brilliant at Newc. I still think We need a bit of tolerance if we lose that's different but we havnt.

6 minutes ago, A12owl said:

John Pearson was saying in commentary that the difference between this season and last is that we are not getting the support from midfielders into the box. Anybody have any views on that.

He's right, Iv said before on here that we are not getting enough goals or assists out of central midfield. Lee pops up with the odd one but Banan certainly doesn't. 

5 hours ago, David1867 said:

He's right, Iv said before on here that we are not getting enough goals or assists out of central midfield. Lee pops up with the odd one but Banan certainly doesn't. 

Bannan had a shot that was flying in the top corner like a rocket, but it hit one of their players.

6 hours ago, Philb125 said:

In reflection I'd have taken 5pts from the last 3 games and we've done well over last 8games without key players for a few of the games. 

Performances havent been where they need to be but have a feeling that the players spent every ounce of energy vs Newcastle and we haven't recovered from that game. 

Now one with a cup game coming up and a few players coming back / coming in we get a chance to recharge regroup and reassess before a fresh set of tough games. 

Not bad spot to be in, could be better but I bet villa, Newcastle, Derby and quite a few others would switch spots in a heart beat. 

Great post full of sense...need more on owlstalk

6 hours ago, A12owl said:

John Pearson was saying in commentary that the difference between this season and last is that we are not getting the support from midfielders into the box. Anybody have any views on that.

6 hours ago, David1867 said:

But Bannan only scored twice last season, and has scored one at the half way point. 

And Lee scored six, and has already scored four.

So whilst that might not be "enough", its no worse than last season.

Insufficient goals from wingers is a better shout. From FF, Matias, Wallace, Sougou and McGeady we scored handsomely from the wings. I think 17. This season we have two from FF when he played wide, and Reach at Newcastle, but thats it.

Edited by Holmowl