Jordan Rhodes and Sheffield Wednesday - Latest

3 minutes ago, Athelwulf said:

Rhodes would be on £50K a week. This is why I have always doubted that we would get Rhodes. The ex-PL clubs not only have the advantage of parachute money, but also far more generous wage structures. This allows them to accommodate players like Rhodes quite easily. Leeds couldn't even match Wednesday for FF's wages, and Rhodes would absolutely dwarf the rest of the squad's wages. This is why Monk is doing so well. He's got an upper mid-table team to third. Frankly, Leeds should be more concerned about hanging onto Wood, bearing in mind his relatively low wages.

That's why Wood has had a £15 million price tag put on him.

8 minutes ago, smhouston said:

Cannot believe people are turning their nose up at Rhodes. My boss is a Middlesborough fan and he says the only reason he hasn't done better up there is due to them only playing 1 up top, which isn't playing to Rhodes strength

He would be an absolutely amazing signing for us. Imagine a strike force to chose from of...

Forestieri

Winnall

Rhodes

Fletcher

Hooper

Exactly what I was saying (& have said same loads of times about Rhodes).  In rushing my earlier post, I omitted Fletcher from my list :ph34r:, but I think DC is going for it by looks of things , potentially very exiting times to come if all this comes off :biggrin:

26 minutes ago, smhouston said:

Cannot believe people are turning their nose up at Rhodes. My boss is a Middlesborough fan and he says the only reason he hasn't done better up there is due to them only playing 1 up top, which isn't playing to Rhodes strength

He would be an absolutely amazing signing for us. Imagine a strike force to chose from of...

Forestieri

Winnall

Rhodes

Fletcher

Hooper

Wouldnt turn my nose up at him as a player. He's class. 

But I can't help but think all these costs must be taking us to the limit.

Edited by Bluesteel

21 minutes ago, Mr Mercury said:

Exactly what I was saying (& have said same loads of times about Rhodes).  In rushing my earlier post, I omitted Fletcher from my list :ph34r:, but I think DC is going for it by looks of things , potentially very exiting times to come if all this comes off :biggrin:

You also missed Nuhiu, Joao and Hirst who all bring something the others don't too

Whether we need or will keep all of these if we sign Rhodes is another matter

1 hour ago, smhouston said:

Forestieri

Winnall

Rhodes

Fletcher

Hooper

To be fair, we've had most on that list anyway, and we've hardly been prolific 

Guest Copthorneowl
8 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

To be fair, we've had most on that list anyway, and we've hardly been prolific 

Spot on and the reason for that is the system we've played. In the first half last week Fletcher played up front on his own and held the ball up really well first half both with his feet, chest and often with flick ons with his head to FF who was often too far back to support him.

Put Rhodes into that scenario and he will fair no more than half as well as he's miles behind Fletcher in those skills, yes he can and will score more if given chances but he's not in Fletchers/Hoopers class when it comes to holding up the ball and linking play. If Carlos gets more ambitious and plays two up front with Nando yes but if not as I said earlier even Aguero would struggle to score and Rhodes will do nowt in that scenario imo.

Posters saying can't believe people turning their noses up well sorry I can't see why the clamour to spend a lot of money on him don't think he's worth it and as Villa are the only other interested party I'm not the only one.

1 hour ago, smhouston said:

Forestieri

Winnall

Rhodes

Fletcher

Hooper

How do you keep that lot happy ??!! (Should Rhodes sign)

the wages must be 150k+ a week!

Honestly don't think we need Rhodes. Adding him creates problems on who you pair him with. If it's Hooper and or Fletcher, no place for FF, unless he then plays left midfield, which in turn pushes Reach out. And where would you play Winall ?

We have enough strikers, adding him just complicates matters. 

5 minutes ago, kendoddsdadsdogsdead said:

Honestly don't think we need Rhodes. Adding him creates problems on who you pair him with. If it's Hooper and or Fletcher, no place for FF, unless he then plays left midfield, which in turn pushes Reach out. And where would you play Winall ?

We have enough strikers, adding him just complicates matters. 

It's called having a squad packed with quality, players to come in and not weaken the first 11.