Jordan Rhodes and Sheffield Wednesday - Latest

3 hours ago, theowlsman said:

So, Rhodes is off to Villa then they say?

I guess we'll find out later. 

Possibly, maybe. Possibly not.

But on another more interesting subject, anyone seen that sinkhole outside Decathlon, apparently above an underground stream?

Can anyone else remember that stream when it was in the open air? I can vaguely remember it when I was a tiny little nipper, living on Harwood Street, just off London Road. Think it ran towards St Mary's Gate. And can also vaguely remember some temporary shops towards the bottom of London Road / The Moor, wooden fronted I think. Unless my memory is playing tricks again. Think I was about 3 or 4 years old.

Random I know. But Rhodes, streams, etc. Vague connection.

http://www.thestar.co.uk/news/look-first-picture-of-large-sinkhole-near-sheffield-city-centre-1-8337566

Misread this at first as I thought it was on about a sh*thole near St Mary's Gate.  Could only think of one...

1 hour ago, brazilowl said:

Shame the sink hole wasn't a couple of hundred yards down the road at the stain. Now that would give them something to moan about. 

What's the connection to this thread ? The sink hole was on a Rhode and jor darn it ? lol

Edited by Owls-Ya-Doin

3 minutes ago, Owls-Ya-Doin said:

What's the connection to this thread ? The sink hole was on a Rhode and jor darn it ? lol

The story took my interest and I had to bung it somewhere. Plus we needed a permanent place for the obligatory "is there a stream anywhere?" question.

lol

With the addition of Bamford we should go in for Rhodes now. 

Loan with agreed price at the end of the season. If we go up it's peanuts. If not we have the best goal scoring striker in the championship and can trim the squad in other areas to stay in line with chuffing FFP.

Dont let the opportunity slip Wednesday. Strike now and let's go for it!!

Edited by steelcityowlsfan

7 minutes ago, steelcityowlsfan said:

With the addition of Bamford we should go in for Rhodes now. 

Loan with agreed price at the end of the season. If we go up it's peanuts. If not we have the best goal scoring striker in the championship and can trim the squad in other areas to stay in line with chuffing FFP.

Dont let the opportunity slip Wednesday. Strike now and let's go for it!!

How would that work?

Someone needs to tell the Villa bellends that they're no longer in the Premier League and aren't even a good Championship side.

Their posturing and preening is getting on my mammaries as much as Derby's attempts to link themselves with every half decent player going.

40 minutes ago, steelcityowlsfan said:

The biggest thing that needs to happen is to shift some more players. Easier said than done I know.

Can see Abd going, Joao on loan, Atty going and maybe Matias on loan. If that happens we can do it. Huge if though. 

We'd be sacrificing a lot of talent for someone, who, quite frankly, isn't a great footballer Not for me

25 minutes ago, s6 owl said:

Not going to Villa... And a Journalist with ties to boro says we are favourites

From The Northern Echo today.....Local Paper

Nsue has followed David Nugent out of the exit doors, while Aston Villa are understood to have expressed a fresh interest in £13m-rated Jordan Rhodes. Sheffield Wednesday remain the favourites to land him this month, even if it is initially on loan.